Home Forums Classifieds 83 Vanagon Westfalia. Fire sale. $1250/Offer

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

tw3tw4tw2tw5tw6tw7tw8tw91983 Vanagon Westy with a recent engine fire. This was a very straight and well cared for Bus until the fire.

Interior:
    Camper interior is scorched with the laminate coming off or bubbling at the rear of the Bus. The wood under the laminate is still in serviceable condition. A fresh re-lam job and it would look like new. Front seats are still in good condition as well as the dash. Missing top of dash pod. Front door panels look great. Interior of fridge still looks clean.

Exterior:
    This is a very straight Bus with only light damage at the passenger’s rear corner. It has some rust at the lower seam behind the sink cabinet as well as two spots of rust at the base of the outer edge of the windows. There is a bit of heat shrinkage at the tops of both rear wheel-wells, though it would be an easy repair. All glass is good.

Motor:
    Motor and harness at the rear of the Bus are cooked. The fan shroud is warped and appears to be pushed against the fan not allowing me to turn over the motor. The top of the case doesn’t look burned and I imaging that the motor likely turns over as the Bus was running and driving.

This would make a great, inexpensive camper project if you just got it back on the road or could be restored to jewel with an engine conversion. A lot of potential in this Camper.

Consider trades for original Safari Windows or 58 Deluxe middle seat.

MikeK
    Participant

Would also trade for a new set of Creative Safaris.

MikeK
    Participant

I wish someone would make me an offer on this thing.  I want it out of here.  Polish it up, slam in a motor and go camping.  Not many sub-$1000 Westies around.  I’m selling this for less than what a Westy roof clip would cost.

John Jones
    Keymaster

gawd I hope I never work on a Vanagon for the rest of my life…. 😎  😎 😎

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.