Topless 55

russ scott

Re: Topless 55

Postby russ scott » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:30 pm

damn it's coming along super nice

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:14 pm

Bump...??????....too busy prepping or Corporate and JJ's arrival... :-k :-k...I know one of you is collecting fresh maple for the pancake breakfast, another is quality controlling the beverages....whats the other J doing...???

jb

Postby jb » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Been picking away....last few sessions at the shop have been cleaning and organizing, I acted as the mediator in a hoarding intervention for Jrod :-" we hucked a shit pile of watercooled crap \:D/ all bays are blown out, shits looking good.

The body got some of the nasty spots blasted to reveal some more mouse nest cancer ](*,) we got the pan head squared up and welded on, gerson pans in and welds buffed down, seat tracks spot welded on, were waiting for all the control conduits to come in, just got those the other day but haven't had time to bend up yet. Pan is looking real solid now. =D>

Oh ya located an early 36er over on Saltspring island (halfway between us and Vancouver) October 54 I believe it is....at'l do donkey, at'l do! Smile

52 split

Postby 52 split » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:57 pm

that looks like a late 36er, unless the shroud has been updated. the indent and plug holder holes are later. any updates

jb

Postby jb » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:25 pm

52 split wrote:that looks like a late 36er, unless the shroud has been updated. the indent and plug holder holes are later. any updates

Ya has had a bunch of parts swapping over the years

Zero progress....I have been on night shift and hanging with the kiddos all summer, done some camping (actually just collected that motor and a bastard 40hp last weekend)

Getting some donor metal at the great Canadian this weekend.

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:05 am

I really like your pan dolly!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
if you keep going in circles.. Your never gonna get anywhere :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:58 am

Are you guy keeping the suspension/wheels/tires stock? :-k Bolt up some of Johnny's wheels.

jb

Postby jb » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Franz wrote:Are you guy keeping the suspension/wheels/tires stock? :-k Bolt up some of Johnny's wheels.

We still have those fancy bias ply wide whites from the Ghia :-k stock is easy

john jones wrote:I really like your pan dolly!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Jrod just made a second one for a guy exactly the same =D>

jb

Postby jb » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:18 pm

Sunday night church session on this Betty lastnight \:D/ we hacked up the half a 54 Canadian custom I dragged home from the GCVWS. It gave us some patch panel material for behind the rear seat area that is all fucked up on the vert.....which in case anybody is wondering the pressing changed after 55 (ribs went from rounded to squared off on 56 up) also started welding up pin holes in engine bay and prepping to fix the Swiss cheeze areas around where the engine bay sound pillows go....fucking mice! ](*,) really not worth taking pics of yet, gonna look worse before gets better! #-o lots of buttholes to fix on this one!

jb

Postby jb » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:17 am

So summer is over, kids back in school time to get our heads back in the game here! I been on afternoon shift at my real job (4-midnight...same shift Jrod works) all summer to be able to hang with kids....was a great summer, had lots of fun but made it really tough to get to the shop at all #-o
I mentioned we got parts of a 54 Canadian custom (standard) at the gcvws to use for donor metal for the vert. We need a bunch of patches for the area behind the rear seat where mr. Farmer Gas axed a big hole to get to Trans bolts ](*,) and was pretty rusty to boot. We learned that 56 and up used a different die to stamp the panel ribs dammit had a mint 59 one! The 54 one was really rusty too but I think we gonna be able to patch work it together. Other chunks we got were to repair the mouse nest mess at the ends of the firewall....little fuckers made homes in the sound pillows stuffed up in that void #-o was Swiss chez on both sides

All done this side

Both rear body mounts had wicked "butterfinger rust" as the wook use to call it...had to fab up some inner wheel well repair panels....pas side all done and outer reinforcement is back on think we going to wait to attach the body mounts till its sitting on the on again for alignment?

Patch panel was from a different part of the wheel arch so the contours needed a little love....playing on the English wheel is fun!

Getting close

About midnight I had a strange urge to mount a semaphore in this rig for the first time....these poor things got smashed in with a hammer and mudded over in one of the repaints :-& I got the arms re shaped a while back....I think they will live again!

\:D/
Have a feeling it is going to be a real good winter for this project!!!!

andym

Postby andym » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:01 pm

Nice work man! Always watching. Get it done and move onto the next!!
Andy In Modesto
"one shot, one opportunity, are you gonna capture it?"

PeteSC

Postby PeteSC » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:50 pm

Hell yeah! Nice job Josh!
Meh.

Air Kooled Junk

Postby Air Kooled Junk » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:56 am

Looks great!!!!

66VOLKY

Postby 66VOLKY » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:46 am

awesome work =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

jb

Postby jb » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:35 am

Thanks fellas....it not all me (even if I the only one posting :-# ), Jrod is killin it along side me =D> We get so much more done together it not even funny! One welds the other follows up grinding, when Johnny comes down he gets all excited about sand blasting stuff.....got the rookie cutting patch panels and fitting while we tack =D> Got the drivers rear body mount complete lastnight along with a bunch of pinhole chasing back there....really satisfying stuff standing back realizing how solid this turd is getting! \:D/

Return to “Canadian corner”