Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 54 camping box

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 405 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Wish I could make it John, would like to go to some shows but its archery season in Gunnison and I can’t miss that! This is by far one of the best KCW Builds yet. So awesome how this bus turned out!

Franz
    Participant

Lever shocks and beam final paint prep.                                             The original transaxle reunited with its chassis is a beautiful thing.

Adam Hughes hooked us with a OG horn. I don’t think it needs much more than a good cleaning.

JWDII
    Participant

Nice pic of the horn Franz! Now I know what mine looks like inside. I need to clean it I suppose. It honks but sounds weak. Would you have any other suggestions as to the cause besides just the cleaning of the horn and all dc connections at horn and steering wheel/horn button? Thanks , and great wok as always.

Franz
    Participant

The horn has contact points inside. They look just like you would find in a distributor for the ignition points.  Its a good idea to clean them.

There is also a tone adjustment screw on the back. Usually they are set pretty close to where they need to be.

John Jones

Lots of black done yesterday…. This morning I replaced hub cap clips and had johnny dust off the wheels again…  Just sanded and reprimed gas tank and about to paint wheels Brownish Beige! 🙂  🙂

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

JWDII
    Participant

Franz, thanks a lot for the info.  My wife asked me why it sounded that way this past weekend . I told her I would figure it out. Your post was well timed. I appreciate this forum and the knowledge of KCW! This bus is great daily inspiration. 😀

John Jones

Hey RUSTY… Hurry up with that coating shit… 🙂

John Jones

I’ve been painting like a tagger with a fresh box of spray paint!

John Jones

John Jones

a few more pics.

John Jones

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by John Jones.

Ragtop Ron
    Participant

Looking great gentleman!

ColeB

Those rims are gonna look delicious! Chocolate dreams!

John Jones

This whole color combo is so rarely seen.. It’s going to look soo awesome.. soo old.. and sooo creamy..

More pics..   Pete has done all the assembly so far and everything is looking tit’s.  He’s does a lot of stuff, like changing those pedal shaft bushings that never gets much notice.. Mostly.. cause he won’t take or post pics.   He’s doing one mechanical area at a time, from front to back, fixing and correcting where needed and dotting every I and every T.

I’m glad Pete wanted to do some work around here.. We would have no chance of making it without him.

Jdawg
    Participant

had the privilege to see this in person today….all I can say is HOLY SHIT! So bad ass!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 405 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.