Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 54 camping box

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 405 total)
  • Author

assembly has begun… Pete was at it LATE last night…  Dolly is off, wiring pulled in, started in on glass… I primed a bunch of parts last night… I am gonna be on paint duty for a bit,.

pics in a bit

All work and no play makes JJ a dull boy🤣
    Keeping a lid on it😎
    Attitude is everything 🤔

John Jones

Progress boys and Girls…   Those heater boxes are a bit of work….

Keeping a lid on it😎
    Attitude is everything 🤔

Franz
    Participant

Ported dual port end castings.

Cast iron distributor rebuild

All original glass.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Franz.
    Pete
    Participant

Nice work guys.  Looks like this thing is going to fly right through the clean shop.

Franz
    Participant

^^ Haha, yeah. It takes a year to do the body and paint resto, then three weeks to put it back together. 😀

This bus was rusty…but it was also very complete and original. Its soul is intact, and showing more by each OG piece we put back on.

I’m looking for a pair of headlight bulb holders. These ones are a little different, and only came on 54-55 north american spec buses with sealed beam headlights. Maybe some of you serious bus guy have some stashed? Or maybe your a hobbyist with a pile of random headlights/parts. Either way I’ll pay you good money for one or two in any condition.

John Jones

assembly is going on… beam mock up for new horizontal bars.. notice all the original to the bus hardware all cleaned up and zinc plated

Keeping a lid on it😎
    Attitude is everything 🤔

Rustabus
    Participant

Is it me or is this build moving Super Fast!!!???!?!?

ColeB

Super fast! Im excited to see this bus tearing up the trails in Moab this winter 😉  😉  😆

Rustabus
    Participant

Huh????? BBOE kills it camping and road tripping!! Think this rig should only be driven a half dozen times a year to show off!!!! Maybe one Moab trip???

ColeB

True about the BBOE. That thing RIPS offroad!! All KCW buses are meant to be driven! We will see how much Kevin lets this one out of the house… Id like to see it in Moab. Maybe we try to make JJ sweat a bit?  😉  😉  😆

Matt Faulkner
    Participant

Man it’s nuts how far this thing has come!  Not far from being done now!  Great job y’all.

John Jones

I love to drive busses… and I LOVE DRIVER busses…  But I have spent soooo much time rebuilding this bus…  I’d like to see it stay that way, and be more of an Icon to be enjoyed by many of where Volkswagen Camping all started…   🙂  🙂  🙂

Keeping a lid on it😎
    Attitude is everything 🤔

John Jones

Is it me or is this build moving Super Fast!!!???!?!?

My clean shop rocks.  Thought the WORLD knew.. 🙂  🙂  🙂

Keeping a lid on it😎
    Attitude is everything 🤔

Wren
    Participant

Awesome! I got to get down to GJ and see this bus before its gone. Great work JONES!!!

John Jones

You got two weeks wren….  Maybe you could come to the Salt Lake show with us?  could be a big caravan…

I Got all kinds of stuff painted today for both BD’s… but no one checks the other one so I’ll just post it here..  🙄

I also got bumpers two toned and bumper bolts painted, brackets all black etc…  time for a bumper party too…

Keeping a lid on it😎
    Attitude is everything 🤔

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 405 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.