Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 54 camping box

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 405 total)
  • Author

I heard the guys talking about dialing in the last bits on this… I don’t know if those taillights ever arrived..  🙁

When it comes back.. I am cutting that shitty hinge off the decklid and putting a new evam classic one on and repaint that shit…  The hinge on there is an OLD as dirt, like 10 years ago made by the green metal guys. when there was no option.  We had it sitting around.  I used it. I regret it. . Franz got me a new evam hinge for Kelly’s…  Much mo better..  just an FYI for you BD builders out there..

So.. Cole.. You wanna load this baby up and come hang out?  I was thinking.. if we could time it right.. we could tear into the syncro and you could learn some about it while your hear..  Just an idea… Looks to me like you might end up wrenching on borrowed garage’s rides if your old man can’t find a personal mechanic…. 😉  😉   Maybe you should move over here for a coupe years and build VW’s with us.. Learn some shit, hang out… climb colorado more…  Just an idea. 😉

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

Pete
    Participant

This bus is soooo killer.  I know jack about Westies, but is this one supposed to have pinstripes?  I’d guess the early Campingboxes like this would have been an ordinary brown/tan VW built standard and then taken to Westfalia for the Campingbox setup?

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Pete.
    Franz
    Participant

Yeah, it gets pinstripes. We have a little more finish work to do.

The nos taillights arrived yesterday. They are very nice.

Jdawg
    Participant

baller shit  😎

Franz
    Participant

The NOS wheel cylinders and shoe liners in damaged boxes.

ColeB

I would love to come out! Probably just shorter jaunts out to KCW for now. Stupid school is going to keep me here for a little while. But when Im out of school I may have to take you up on that offer to learn a thing or 2 form the VW masters at KCW! 😎 When is the Syncro gonna get rolling again? Ill have to plan a trip to come out and help with that thing!

John Jones

Stick to school Cole!!!!  But think about when you can run that 54 down here to us…

Willy

Good to know I’m not the only one getting KCW cock-blocked by edjukshun…  😉

John Jones

Good to know I’m not the only one getting KCW cock-blocked by edjukshun… ?

shit.. you two guys have got it made in life…   Keep those noses to the books.. I promise you, that is one thing you will never ever regret.  😉  😉

Franz
    Participant

The rest of the NOS brake parts made it yesterday. The master cylinder looks to be 55+

John Jones

Now.. what do we do with all these NOS Barn Door brakes we have here?   I would venture to say, now that they are in the great USA.. they have probably doubled in value… 😉  😉    Kevins bus has brakes..   I think he should probably just build another Barndoor.. 😀  😀

JWDII
    Participant

Wow, just thinking about the amount of in God we trust spent on this rig makes me smile and feel all warm inside. 😀

Lone Star
    Participant

Wow, just thinking about the amount of in God we trust spent on this rig makes me smile and feel all warm inside. ?

Hmmm….I can’t say I feel all warm inside on Thursday’s. 😯

John Jones

Wow, just thinking about the amount of in God we trust spent on this rig makes me smile and feel all warm inside. ?

Hmmm….I can’t say I feel all warm inside on Thursday’s. ?

‘Thats funny right there…   It’s pretty hard to get a response from Kelly on Thursdays.. or sometimes ever.. 😎  😎  😎

ColeB

Loaded up all safe and sound. See you guys soon! 

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 405 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.