Home Forums Camping & Show Stuff SST 2021!!!! Rampage spot start

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Anyone else thinking of heading from CO? Bubba? Rusty? Dan??

can’t wait!

Participant

Alright guys, I think I have everything working sufficiently, so now I can actually think about the trip.  Rumor has it folks might be stopping at my place on the way to the rampage spot. There’s tons of room, and I’ll have the BBQ and firepit going Tuesday night and have a breakfast burrito bar Wednesday morning and lots of chewy coffee to jumpstart the day. Head out to the rampage spot at a reasonable hour so we can get there in the daylight and put our feet up.  I think the Hague brothers from Reno will be joining us and maybe another bus or two.  Anyway, can’t wait to see you all!!!

Sounds fun!  I think John has his fingers crossed that his new transmission gets here in time!!!!🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🍀🍀🍀

I love going on adventures in our bus!!!

Keymaster

Awesome Sara!!!!!  You are such a welcoming family!!!!   I still hope to be there.. My fingers are crossed painters will have my trans done..

Participant

Awesome Sara!!!!! You are such a welcoming family!!!! I still hope to be there.. My fingers are crossed painters will have my trans done..

John, providing your transmission is done in time, what date do you anticipate arriving in Ely? Would like to be there a day ahead of you guys so I can follow to Spencer.

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

We’re supposed to be to Sarah’s on 2/2. So 2 nights Spencer. Maybe 1 night at mitches? Up to JJ. I don’t need to stay at mitches. But definitely 2 nights at Spencer. So leaving baker near delta and heading through Ely and onto Spencer 1/30 or 1/31 depending on mitches or if we want more than 2 days at spencer

Participant

That sounds good. I was planning on going to Ely on the 28th.

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

I CANT WAIT!! My first Shasta! 😎🤙🏼

I think our plan is to leave Saturday 1/30 or Sunday… we have a race car to work on! First race is only like a week and a half after Shasta!

I was thinking if your trans isn’t done in time you should just grab a lottery trans out of the pile out back and test it using your fancy trans checker. Then grab a sweet lottery 1600 that’s sitting under the bench and you’ll be good to go🙃😁😁😁 hahaha Shasta thrash style;)and don’t worry, I’ll even stay at 50 mph with you the whole way!;)  ha!

if you leave 30th you’ll have 3 days to get to Sarahs. Which seems a lot nicer than trying to do 850 miles in 2 days.

Lots of photos like this to come! Can’t wait! RHD PGSG by the looks of it.

A636B69A-C80E-4690-BF98-40162A0FB37D

Participant

I want a fancy trans checker! (That sounds kinda funny….)

Wooo Audrey! It’s gonna be so much fun!

Keymaster

Lots of photos like this to come! Can’t wait! RHD PGSG by the looks of it. A636B69A-C80E-4690-BF98-40162A0FB37D

what are you saying??  new rhd coming?

Keymaster

I think I will call Painters and check on my trans today…  NO THANKS on lottery trans…. 😎

Haha I wish a RHD was coming… just a cool off-road bus pic I saw. Figure sst thread was a nice place to post it😎

Happy sst brings even Sarah out to post!😁

come on jones! It’s just a lottery trans! Hahaha tell painters to hurry up! At this point they just need a motor and trans waiting for you to call;) #1 customer

Can a key master change the title of this thread? This isn’t a coastal start anymore… rampage spot start again this year!

Keymaster

OH SHIT!!!  I knew the beach start was gonna get nixed…..   I think the Rampage start spot is more fun anyway!!!   Lets do a route we already did.. but race the whole way!!!! 😎  😎  Throw a pool together for the winner… oh yeah!!

Sounds like we head from rampage and actually ALL go up where most of the group turned around last year on the first day. Loren has a route that goes that way and then out and heading west. I’m excited to see what you went through last year JJ! Then head to the coast. One night on the coast and then head back toward Shasta! More camping this year! Since most stuff is closed in CA we will stay out of town once we get to Shasta! Going to be so great!

Participant

I’ve been looking for boondocking spots for Saturday night.  I would much rather camp outside of  town.   Also I have a part-time co-pilot this year😳. Cora is going to ride with me part of the time, and Sandra part of the time. You guys race, I’ll find you in time for cocktails.

I like how Sarah acts like she’s not the fastest one on Shasta!… she just LETS everyone else pass her! I’m sure you’ll be up front with us:) Cora can hang! 😉

Participant

Hahaha….it’s fun to go fast 😬.  Watching JJ’s bug build makes me miss drag racing…kinda.

19 days til y’all are here!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.