Home Forums Classifieds 73 Thing

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant

2FB847AD-065A-4DCF-AF74-65B99623E995FCF560FB-5147-4488-9DB2-7439EE383463What is this Rig worth???? Pretty original, OG paint, with a little 30 year old touch up, very very little rust, good seats, brakes, too has holes and I bought a patch panel with sunroof!! 🙂  tranny, gas heater works but needs tinkering…rebuilt the original engine at Painters a half dozen years ago, stopped driving it because it seems like the motor is about to loose a bearing!!

volksaddict
    Participant

Thats a nice thing Rusty! 73 is the best year. Gas heater and no ear muffs.

Baja Mark
    Participant

It’s definitely a good one and lovely Patina; I checked it out a fair bit when I was there. Prices on TS are pretty strong! I’m guessing it may be easier to sell in spring though!!

I’d love to buy it, but not in the big life plan right now 😐

Rustabus
    Participant

Trying to motivate,296E128F-CB81-4E52-882D-098F84952606 sell one, build one!!! :),

Rustabus
    Participant

Do you guys think I need to rebuild the original motor to sell it? Throw in a runner motor with the deal????

volksaddict
    Participant

Maybe build some shelter. Our sun and snow is a killer. I think the sun does more damage here than the moisture.

Pat K
    Keymaster

Seams like a running driving fair condition one easily pulls $6-$8k.

We will build it if it comes.

volksaddict
    Participant

Would certainly sell better if it ran and had no issues!

volksaddict
    Participant

Seams like a running driving fair condition one easily pulls $6-$8k.

Drop a couple grand and loose a couple months if it isn’t ready for summer driving.

Rustabus
    Participant

Yeah, maybe I should throw in the runner Motor I got from Andy and include the original for the nerdy guys 🙂 but Damn! That means I’m gonna spend money and time to make my car a driver again and when it rolls I’m not gonna wanna sell it!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

volksaddict
    Participant

So true!

Rustabus
    Participant

KCW has never done a Thing, think it’s about the only air cooled model on that list!!! Maybe a customer wants it????? 🙂

subie4ever
    Participant

needs  a subie swap.

Rustabus
    Participant

New owner can do whatever they want!!! 😉 🙂

Paul
    Participant

The idea of KCW doing up a Thing… interesting. Wondering if the JJ would bite, and how long it will take… Be the best one out there… Give me a call Rusty, 254.493.8074

Rustabus
    Participant

Bet he would….. He had mentioned to me in the past that he wouldn’t mind owning it and giving it a good refresh!! 🙂 I’ll give a call today!

alykat
    Participant

I think there was a Thing at the shop for a while, but the owner just never pulled the trigger to go for the full build ?

Franz
    Keymaster

Yeah we started a thing project in like 2010. Did a bunch of custom work, got it to the point of being ready for sand blasting and paint.

While waiting for the next phase, it got left outside in a snow storm, I posted a picture, the owner got pissed and took it home to southern CA. That was the last I’ve heard of that project.

Kind of a weird deal…but whatever.

Rustabus
    Participant

Who wants this Rig?????? I gotta sell something!!!!!! 🙂

Andym
    Participant

Someone buy it, lower it on 17×7 twist, subi swap it.. German look Thing!

Do something

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.