Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 66 deluxe megahatch

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 481 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Back at it. The last few months have been crazy. Pat and I built a bunch of customer stuff. Which has been fun, but not left a lot of time for my personal project.

I’ve had this bus for a few years now. It was a 80’s resto lowered with IRS conversion and a adjustable beam. I lifted the suspension and installed big tires/crows feet wheels, along with an entire bare metal resto, custom mega hatch, shaved window, and dash. Getting really close to being done now.

We lost all the old build pictures in the great website crash of 2017. So here is where its at: I have the shell fully painted and assembled(it would drive with an engine). All of the removable doors/lids have been blasted repaired and bodyworked. They still need primer and more blocking. Which is where I should resume work…..but I’m feeling more excited to assemble my engine and get it off the bench. I had Eddie @ Painter’s build a 2276cc longblock a while ago. I have all the parts, now its just a matter of fitting tin, paint, and assembly.

Kleake
    Participant

Hell yes . Get on Franz

mtnbus
    Participant

fuck yes Franz !!

Jb
    Participant

Atta boy buddy! 2018 Let’s meet somewhere in the middle and party in the bush??

Jdawg
    Participant

Bitchin!!!! Get after it Franz!

volksaddict
    Participant

Home stretch!

BBWB
    Participant

BBB or bust!

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

John Jones

This is likely the most anticipated camper build at KCW in years… I am excited as well!!!! πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

Andym
    Participant

Keep at it!!

John Jones

I look forward to the many road trips and campouts to come!!!!!Β  One more badd ass rig to add to the group! πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

ColeB

So cool! Get it Franz

Franz
    Participant

Stacked and modified some tin this weekend. Bubble top aluminum case are notorious for running hot…thicker/denser/less porous material. Planning to use a fan velocity ring and a type IV oil cooler. Hopefully that is enough to keep cool. I would like to avoid running a external oil cooler. OG doghouse fan shroud + OG heater boxes + A1 sidewinder =Β  😎

mtnbus
    Participant

Badass ! way to go Franz

Rustabus
    Participant

Yup!!!!! Stoked to see Franz in a Split again!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€

Franz
    Participant

Finished the type IV oil cooler mods. I’d like to spray paint on tin before the end of Sunday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 481 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.