Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 54 camping box

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 405 total)
  • Author
    Participant

That’s coming together fast!

Rustabus
    Participant

Can we keep the Barndoors at the top of the page instead of my Hacks???????? 😆  🙄  😆

Franz
    Participant

Its been a good day assembling on the engine. I have a fuel lines and wires to run before I can do break-in tomorrow.

I think it has a nice super-stock look.

Zenith 32 ndix on a DDS manifold. All ceramic coated satin black and delivered in person by Evolution Powder Coating. Thank again Rustabus!

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Franz.
    John Jones

Rusty helped me get through those shitty seat frames yesterday… Thanks Rusty… I needed a helping hand yesterday to get me goin! 😉

All work and no play makes JJ a dull boy🤣
    Keeping a lid on it😎
    Attitude is everything 🤔

John Jones

seats… PITA…  See all those tubes we replaced!!!  see those “feet” on the bottom of the seat…  I am missing two of them. for this bus….  They are usually bent up…  I’m not sure what I want to do here… just ditch em… try and make something??  They get bent up and are useless in no time.. but.. they are stock.  First time I have seen em still on a seat! 😉

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by John Jones.

Keeping a lid on it😎
    Attitude is everything 🤔

Rustabus
    Participant

No Problem!!!!!! It was kind of fun dissecting them one by one, replacing the missing metal and sticking them all back together again!  Everything is easier at KCW, do most car shops have an entire back storage room filled with spare seat parts sitting around waiting to rebuild vintage VW seats?????

John Jones

We got the 16″ tires and tubes Friday…. and got em mounted up!!!!  I heard some horns going off yesterday.. I think thats done, and I bet Franz will run that cool motor today also…. maybe.. if he gets to it…

5 days….   I still think we can be driving this bus next Thursday… But.. Those brake parts, that were sent from Germany about a month ago…. I hope those show up real real damn soon…..   They are the only Item’s we are missing at this point.   🙄

Keeping a lid on it😎
    Attitude is everything 🤔

volksaddict
    Participant

Motor looks sweet! All stock looking with the zenith on top, oil bath, black intake to play down the dual port. That intake assy wouldn’t fit in a post barndoor, unfortunately.

ibbrown1
    Participant

We got the 16″ tires and tubes Friday…. and got em mounted up!!!! I heard some horns going off yesterday.. I think thats done, and I bet Franz will run that cool motor today also…. maybe.. if he gets to it… 5 days…. I still think we can be driving this bus next Thursday… But.. Those brake parts, that were sent from Germany about a month ago…. I hope those show up real real damn soon….. They are the only Item’s we are missing at this point. ?

Should have used Team Fedex… 😉

Campingbox
    Participant

Were those even the right parts?

The photo Kevin posted from HO had 55-63 front cylinders pictured in them. Rears you can use oval fronts, which are still available, two bolt instead of four but they work.  Fronts I think have to be sourced old stock, or originals cleaned up and sleeved. I’m pretty sure Kevin didn’t have fronts in his photo, but I could be mistaken. Sorry I didn’t point it out earlier, just figured someone else would notice and it would sort itself out on its own.

Franz
    Participant

Looks like the right stuff.
    Wednesday, I have an alternative plan to get this bus road worthy, if the brake parts do not arrive.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Franz.
    Franz
    Participant

Engine break-in just happened. It sounds really good. Responsive.

Its kind of cool to get this part from Mark R. as he is part of the bus history/find. Check out some of the old pictures of this bus on his website.

http://thebustransfer.com/Project_Archive/Pages/54_Campingbox.html

John Jones

Mark Rafferty Owned it.. I think Maybe Merz Owned it also?

I’m pretty stoked to say we knocked this out in a year..  😉  😀  🙂

Keeping a lid on it😎
    Attitude is everything 🤔

Peet
    Participant

I think we will have this engine installed today too!

Lone Star
    Participant

Just finished looking at all the picture on this build.  This is gonna be one beautiful camper.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 405 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.