John JonesModeratorSeptember 12, 2017 at 5:25 pmPost count: 13643
Thursday arrival? I hope we can all do a late lunch at Roosters.. But I guess it could end up dinner cruise in the Barndoors.
Luck is when preparation and opportunity meet.👊68tintopParticipantSeptember 12, 2017 at 6:31 pmPost count: 1050
I won’t be there till late Thursday night so don’t wait for me. Can we have a fire ? at the campground. I have a washer barrel so it’s not a open flame if that works. Just wanna make sure the girls are warm?Lone StarParticipantSeptember 12, 2017 at 9:41 pmPost count: 250RustabusParticipantSeptember 12, 2017 at 9:46 pmPost count: 3322
Wife has questions…… where are we camping Saturday and when do we return Sunday 😕 ???? 😕 😕John JonesModeratorSeptember 12, 2017 at 10:14 pmPost count: 13643
I have no clue… winging it… Could just drive back to KCW if we wanted to be tough.. Where ever I get tired, I will pull over and sleep..
Luck is when preparation and opportunity meet.👊John JonesModeratorSeptember 12, 2017 at 10:20 pmPost count: 13643
it’s so freakin hard to make everyone happy when winging it camping… and it’s not always camping.. sometimes it’s just a place to sleep till I hit the road in the morning… Rest stops work well, and have bathrooms! But I know…. thats not really camping.. NO.. it’s not.. but it’s not $100 bill out the window either… 😉 😉
Luck is when preparation and opportunity meet.👊AndymParticipantSeptember 12, 2017 at 11:04 pmPost count: 979
Looking like shit weather Thursday and Friday in salt lake..John JonesModeratorSeptember 13, 2017 at 6:33 amPost count: 13643AndymParticipantSeptember 13, 2017 at 7:36 amPost count: 979
Don’t want the gmc to get wet bro!!rchandler341ParticipantSeptember 13, 2017 at 2:23 pmPost count: 5
This is Ron, I will be at the campsite on the west side of Utah Lake. I am not sure when you are arriving, but it is a shorter distance to the campsite if you go around the south end of Utah Lake and will keep you out of the evening commuter traffic. Otherwise you will get on I-15 once you get out of Spanish Fork Canyon, then go around the north end of the lake through Saratoga Springs and down the west side to the campsite along the lakes edge.
The weather forecast is calling for Thunderstorms Thursday and Friday. This is an unimproved campsite and there currently is still a fire ban. There are no toilet facilities out there. The main road going in is graveled and should stand up to the wet weather, if it does rain. But off the sides will be muddy if raining.
Let me know if I can answer any questions for any of you that are coming to camp.
John JonesModeratorSeptember 13, 2017 at 3:22 pmPost count: 13643
- This reply was modified 6 years ago by rchandler341.
Ron…. Welcome…. and Thank you.. Will you be there waiting for us?? Well be sure to post what time we leave so you can gauge when to get out there. I’ll make sure to tell Corporate about your directions.. Thank you for the heads up.. Traffic sucks… especially just after a long hot road trip…..
I hope we can have a BIG OL Circle Your VW’s and huge fire in the middle of us all…. Lets relax, and hopefully meet some new and old friends again…. Utah Lake… 2017.. Vw classic weekend.. Friday night, be there. 😉
Luck is when preparation and opportunity meet.👊Master BlasterParticipantSeptember 13, 2017 at 4:29 pmPost count: 34
You guys bring some stuff to swap at the swap meet.rchandler341ParticipantSeptember 13, 2017 at 5:57 pmPost count: 5
I believe it was last year that I met a group of you up Spanish Fork Canyon and led you to SLC. If you give me a time you think you will be close to Spanish Fork, I can lead you to the campsite the back way. Santaquin or Goshen would be the last place for fuel and something to eat. Once we leave Santaquin we will be driving on back country roads and get off I-15 so you can all chill a little and enjoy the less traffic drive. I-15 towards Lehi will be a mess on Friday evening!
I will be in my Syncro Westy again and would be happy to meet up and guide you into camp. Or I can just go out and wait for you all. I will also check on the Fire Ban and see if it is lifted so that we can have a campfire. Just let me know which you would prefer.
Here is a Google Map of the routes: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.0821135,-111.5874726/40.2003129,-email@example.com,-112.1345402,10.84z
The southern route is the one we want to take. You all let me know what I can do to help. Cross your fingers on the weather!!!
Can you text me when you are leaving? Just in case I do not get back on here in time. 801-362-1475
Also if any of you have any troubles along the way give me a call, I can possibly help, so feel free to call me.
Ronrchandler341ParticipantSeptember 13, 2017 at 6:03 pmPost count: 5
I also thought I would send you a google map from the Utah Lake campsite to the Riverton Park, Show location.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.