Home Forums Bullshit 62 Turkis

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Awesome that it’s your daily driver now!!

Moab link.

We will build it if it comes.

John Jones

Matt…. Moab in april?   Or Utah next weekend? 😎

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

BBWB
    Participant

Talked to Matt at Bug-O-Rama. He’s getting an engine built right now. Hopefully ready soon so we can get some spring camping in here before blazing hot weather hits.

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

Pat K
    Participant

Install that new power plant yet?

We will build it if it comes.

John Jones

Moab?  am I gonna have to visit Ben to see this dude again?? 😎

Speshel k
    Participant

08EE41FE-243E-47F7-AB9E-41AF2C3B9654Soooooo this happened! In March, I pulled the motor out to put in the camper to get ready to go camping with Ben in April. Drove out of the driveway and this happened. Didn’t know it for about 3 miles. Lights came on and I turned the motor off. Motor was seized. Pulled it apart and took it to a local guy here in town expecting the worst. He called me a week later with the news. Matt, I’ve been in business for 35 years and I’ve never seen this, ‘there is nothing wrong with your case or crank.’ He dialed everything in, polished the crank and gave it back to me. It was interesting because a dowel pin in the crankshaft was 3/4 of the way out and had that let loose who knows what kind of shit show would have ensued. New bearings and all the internal stuff replaced right now, waiting for some new Panchito heads as the one looked like it was close to sucking a valve. Having 2 new motors built right now 1904 and 2332. I hope to have one ready in the next 10 days. Haven’t been able to drive a VW in a month during the best weather in Phoenix. Really looking forward to seeing team KCW soon.

John Jones

well that was a bummer.. but makes better sense to me now why we haven’t heard much from ya…  building up two motors… $$$$$

Speshel k
    Participant

Yep

Speshel k
    Participant

FEB95132-E643-40FD-954D-FBBF24CD8A5B

Just installed the new motor today. Franz, you’ll be so proud I went with some new 44 Webber’s this time. Took it for a ride around the neighborhood. Time to register Tiffany tomorrow and get some miles on this beast so I can drive out to Moab this year. I love having a lowered option to drive.

Franz
    Participant

Hell yeah. Looking good. Even the vintage yellow bosch decal on the coil.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.