Home Forums Bullshit 21 years Bitches!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Yes sir.. this weekend marks 21 years since I moved to Colorado!!Β  And June is when I started renting the dirty shop, 21 years ago!!!!

KCW is now a mature adult, able to buy and consume legally… 😎 😎

a new change is in the works.Β  Β  Small one really,Β  Β But JJ is gonna quit doing full on resto’s…..Β  No more/ LESS big projects.

With the growing inflation of life and how expensive parts and materials are, and labor, well, I’m not getting any faster at this shit are you??…. 😎 😎 😎  Β I feel like it’s getting harder and harder to justify the $$$ it takes to do restorations.Β  Β Which takes more and more of the fun out of it for me…. I want to refocus KCW more on the preservation side of things, smaller projects, less JJ…. 😎 😎 😎  Β People are much more willing to pay to fix their car than restore their car.Β  The bill is easier to write and to collect..Β  If ya know what I mean here… 😎 😎

Franz and Pat still wanna keep working and kicking ass and I think that’s just awesome!Β  There’s more than enough parkway work to keep them busy!!!Β  Β I hope this refocus can improve our outlook on parkway work, and grow our customer base even more, doing more, but smaller projects. Lighter on the wallet, easier on the checkbook… For them and me… 😎 😎 😎

Next week Zack is gonna launch our new store… Where you will finally be able to buy some KCW gear or stickers or maybe a canvas print of your rig on one of our trips…. 😎 😎  ANYTIME you want, any size or style you pick… super easy without me having to invest in a bunch of inventory!!Β  Should be a win win for everyone… Dealing with shipping makes selling shirts out of the shop not cost effective..Β  Now you will be able to get them!!Β  and we will continue to add Merchandise as we dig up old or new stuff!Β  Β  We aren’t making a huge profit on anything, I just want it to all be available!Β  😎 😎

KCW still kicking ass… 😎 😎 😎

All work and no play makes JJ a dull boy🀣
    Keeping a lid on it😎
    Attitude is everything πŸ€”

ZachZ
    Participant

Congrats guys. I remember when your shop started getting recognized. It was cool that it was in CO. All you heard about was Cali shops. It was nice that a place out of the norm was doing crazy vw shit, and people were into it. Keep it going. Keep having fun.

Rustabus
    Participant

Holy 21 Years!!!! That’s Seriously Awesome!!!! Big Time Dedication!!!!!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Β How many VW’s???………………….

Shanman
    Participant

Congrats on the Anniversary!!!

BBWB
    Participant

Very impressive body of work, and I mean work. Having rebuilt/restored three busses of my own, not nearly to the level of a KCW build, I know the work involved. Congratulations!

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

C.Hamburg
    Participant

Your shop is now old enough to drink legally. Nice!

Vwfool
    Participant

Congratulations! Β You have saved several cars that would have been scrapped (both of mine you did) and you all continue to kick ass.

John Jones

Thanks guys… I did it… I kept my RESTORATION shop open for 21 years!!!!!

Some said I couldn’t do it, many said it would never last, I had my fair share of haters and supporters!!Β  But I fuckign did it!!!!!…I’m still in business,Β  AND, I’m still married to my first wife!!!!! AND I am still at 801 Kimball!!!Β  AND I own all this shit!!!Β  But I also realized the other day… I don’t NEED to chase this bullshit anymore…. it’s not worth the effort…. I am going to find a n easier way to get by… 😎 😎  Β  The money can chase me… 😎 😎  I will no longer be owned by any person..Β  no more!!!! My HOUSE, My BUSINESS, My Dirt, My way… 😎 😎  😎  Or the highway!!!!

I’m gonna adopt Bens signature real real soon… today maybe… 😎

I hope your reading this right…. I Quit…. JJ Quits..Β  😎 😎 😎 Nope… I do not owe anyone any work..Β  and I want to quit before I do!!!

Keeping a lid on it😎

volksaddict
    Participant

JJ caught the gen-x virus!

mtnbus
    Participant

Nice work John and KCW !Β  Most people cannot do what youve done.

Congratulations

I like Bens signature line too….one of my favs

russ
    Participant

Hawaii can have that effect on people:)

congrats

i still remember the 21 day wonder

WAY2COOL
    Participant

Massive congrats to the whole Jones ‘family’ on 21 years of doing great stuff.

You are all an imspiration to so many of us out here in the global vw community.

Family,Fun,Finances and Future.

Enjoy in large doses !!

KIM
    Test Pilot @ Submarine Airways

tlambert
    Participant

Congrats on the 21 yrs John. It has been fun watching you bust out jobs over the years.
    Watching your progress got me through a lot of days when I was a collision instructor.

Franz has always been there for you and Pat has been there for a long time now also. Good guys like these are definitely hard to come by.

Tim

John Jones

Thanks Lambert!! You have been around from day one it seems like!!!Β  A lot of the regulars have been around forever..

I see this as an opportunity to get out from under these big jobs that take soo long, cost sooo much, and are most times sooo frustrating..

I did it, I am tired of it…. If some young stud wants to buy my brand and work and take it with them, they are more than welcome!

Keeping a lid on it😎

John Jones

I am worn out…. I wish to do no more work… I made my goal, I am ready to make my exit!!!Β  I’m looking for a clean slate!!!

Keeping a lid on it😎

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.