Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 1957 Euro Palm Green/Sand Green, Logos, Semaphores

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Tom is calling us out…He knows we’re not going to let it leave all janky.😘

Franz
    Participant

She lookin’ good

E6CC57B6-D7FE-4CC6-92CA-A065092B46FBAE761E57-2956-4521-A461-40537671263F866BDAE2-406A-46BF-94CA-F14D69698B68B06B0504-E65B-496F-B654-DF65071962E341C418CA-1B69-4ECF-81D6-B889B3D95E6D

Andym
    Participant

Tom your bus is badass!! Franz pictures would have been cooler if those 2 dudes would have got outta the way. 😉

John Jones

One down… 😎  😎  😎  get it out of here!!!!!!!! 😎  😎

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

unk
    Participant

Awesome road trip yesterday to a great tailgate.   Learned a good lesson.   Dont pack the bus with 6 guys with 1000 lbs of gear.     I snapped my rear right torsion bar.  Left front sitting way high, back right dragging.   Still made it home safe.   Now i need a porta power, lift, air wrench…….man Would be great to KCW next door.  Not so much in madison.085A130F-F8D8-4807-B6C1-E5EF68970E3E

06BA54B8-DAEF-4165-BCB2-DD34C4598CB2720AB4C8-B2D0-4EDF-86FA-DAE6068D3BC2

volksaddict
    Participant

Dang! Never heard of a rear bar breaking. Everything’s getting old on these rigs.

Pat K
    Participant

“Truly” overload was probably the cause.71AD466E-1D73-4280-BE49-8C2B8B0759F8

We will build it if it comes.

John Jones

we could send ya torsion bar.. Be nice to know what color yours are??  . And no you can do the job without all the fancy tools…   Take three axle tube to spring plate bolts out and the lower shock mount… and you will be able to get the tire off without a porta power…   down and out the back…    It would be nice to know what angle they were set at and use an inclinometer to get it close..  other wise you will be doing it a few times to get it level… 😎

unk
    Participant

Truth be told, I am not sure what broke.  But all visible things look fine…so I guess its the torsion bar.     I do know that under full-loading, we heard a “POW” very loudly…I can only guess its the torsion.    Hey John, that would be great if you could box one up and send it.    Let me know what you need and I will paypal you.    We set this swing arm at -6 degrees (or was it positive 6 degrees) as I recall.    I think I will still buy those tools……good reason to get them.

John Jones

I could probably do that for ya… 😎   Do you happen to remember what color yours were?  Orange or black?  probably orange I am guessing..  the diff is 1 ton option.. I think trucks and commercials got them… passenger busses got the orange one’s… does that sound right?

There’s that spare wheel for the vert also…  You want the torsion bar soon?  We could send just that now, and the wheel when Franz sends you that mirror…  sound good??

unk
    Participant

I could probably do that for ya… 😎 Do you happen to remember what color yours were? Orange or black? probably orange I am guessing.. the diff is 1 ton option.. I think trucks and commercials got them… passenger busses got the orange one’s… does that sound right? There’s that spare wheel for the vert also… You want the torsion bar soon? We could send just that now, and the wheel when Franz sends you that mirror… sound good??

I don’t remember those being orange when I pulled them out but I wasn’t paying too much attention.    Can you send me both?  and I will send the wrong one back.   You guys can keep the rim for something in the future too.   I would think this is an original Kombi that was used for groceries…….so if you need to send one, just send orange.   Keep the rim.   Thanks so much, john.

John Jones

Looks who is all over the forums when he broke something..  😎 😎

Gonna put a care package together and have corporate send to you….. 😎

Franz
    Participant

What the hell are we going to do with one custom wheel?

Baja Mark
    Participant

hose reel!

Critter1
    Participant

whats the wheel?

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 280 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.