Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 1957 Euro Palm Green/Sand Green, Logos, Semaphores

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Unk.. Bus looks great!!! Those black wheels are perfect on the bus!!!! Nice!!! You have three driver busses now??? Lucky… 😎 DSCF9143

Was fun racing bajas with you, cant wait to see this in Madison WI…when are we building your baja Tom?

“Life is a waterfall,
    We’re one in the river and one again after the fall”

Jb
    Participant

NEEDS MORE LOW! Hahaha JK u fuckers nailed it, wicked hustle boys! That’s a chunk of work in a blink👍

John Jones

Tom’s got a short list of things to do on this before it leaves…   We’ll filter it back in when we can…

That was a hell of a hustle!!!  😎

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

unk
    Participant

Apparently, this bus is from Regina, Saskatchewan.   Ball grocery store from 1955-1970,   I have the Regina Library historian trying to do some research on the grocery store to see if I can collect some more history.

I am also trying to get a hold of somebody on samba with the avatar name of “VWChance”.   He is the one who bought the bus from the grandson of the original grocery store owner.    If anyone has any knowledge of how to get a hold of this guy, I sure would appreciate it.   He hasn’t been on samba since 2018.   I sent him a PM with no response.   He would be my key.   Any help would be appreciated.

Pat K
    Participant

It’s cool your into hunting down the history.

We will build it if it comes.

Jb
    Participant

Isn’t that who JP got it from? Probably still has his contact no? I remember him posting pics of the storefront sign still owned by the family but they wouldn’t sell it.

Bit of a drive for me…or else I would be diggin some local history for ya👊

unk
    Participant

Isn’t that who JP got it from? Probably still has his contact no? I remember him posting pics of the storefront sign still owned by the family but they wouldn’t sell it. Bit of a drive for me…or else I would be diggin some local history for ya👊

JP can’t find him.   He moved and changed phone number.   I wish it was that easy.

jp
    Participant

He will pop up, can’t imagine going cold Turkey on VWs.  He had a sweet 15W as well.  Okanagan valley is his new home.

Jb
    Participant

Name?

unk
    Participant

Ok guys.   I am planning a big tailgate party for the Badger – iowa football game in early November.   Our plan is to roadtrip all three busses down to the capitol and throw a big bash.     I am shooting for hopefully shipping the bus back around October 31 or so.   Will this timing work for you guys?  I think we have some bits of work still needed on the bus and just want to make sure that it can get squeezed in over the next month.     If that timing doesn’t work, just let me know…..no big deal.    Probably the more critical timing is that I plan to ship enclosed transport with the vert.   I am not a good judger of time needed to complete things….so maybe the vert is the critical one.            What are your thoughts JJ and crew?  I know you guys are slammed with work…….

Franz
    Participant

Sounds good. We should have them both done by then.

Pat K
    Participant

Started back on this one yesterday. Drilled mounting holes, mocked up, welded and painted tabs for safaris. Installed this morning.FB270B82-B96F-44ED-BF6C-A1C486A54554

4A0FE28D-D4A5-4958-A90C-9F292F50521B10638563-F20A-4ED9-86A3-5F87A6F67817

We will build it if it comes.

Franz
    Participant

Pat is rebuilding semaphores. Not easy or fast. We’re going on day three now. The list is half way done.

DSCF1083

unk
    Participant

You guys have done so much for me already on this.   You can stop anytime you want and just leave the rest for me.   I think the only thing I really need is to make sure the stance is level.  I would do this but I don’t have a torque wrench to take rear hubs off.  Lastly, the engine fine tune.     All this other little stuff can really eat time and I know that the budget is blown on this one.    Its cool to call it quits.   Just help on the stance and get it ready to throw on the hauler.

Jb
    Participant

Send your semis out to me….I like fiddle fuckin with those things😉

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 280 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.