Home Forums Bullshit Willy’s 1960 15 Window

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Don’t sell!!! Too much damn effort (3 years) into actually owning this bad boy! The faded paint on the driver’s side is a GD masterpiece.

It’s only had ONE trip to Rooster’s!

The offers will keep coming! Gotta enjoy it for a little longer… and just don’t do anything stupid with the build that would piss people off haha

And earn the Flipper Willy name when the time is right!

Pat K
    Keymaster

SELL IT!!!!!   Move out your parents. Become a free man. You’ll never regret it!!!

We will build it if it comes.

Pat K
    Keymaster

Oh yeah. I heard you graduate with some kind of degree in finance/money.  You’ll never receive a better return on your investment. Use what your p’s paid for!

Pete
    Participant

I got another call yesterday from the guy who wants to buy this rig from Willy… 😎 He offered DAMN good money too….. 😎 I feel for Willy on this decision.. If he sells it…. we will be calling him Flipper Willy…. If he doesn’t sell it, we will all tell him how dumb he is…. it s real catch 22 for ya Willy!!!! Guy wants to lower it, polish it, all new mechanicals, all new interior, and a set of RDW’s on it…. Sounds awesome to me… 😎

Normally I’d say keep it, but I’d like to see the above happen so I vote sell! Plus, taking outrageous money for something not listed for sale doesn’t make you a flipper….it makes you wise.

Pat K
    Keymaster

I got another call yesterday from the guy who wants to buy this rig from Willy… 😎 He offered DAMN good money too….. 😎 I feel for Willy on this decision.. If he sells it…. we will be calling him Flipper Willy…. If he doesn’t sell it, we will all tell him how dumb he is…. it s real catch 22 for ya Willy!!!! Guy wants to lower it, polish it, all new mechanicals, all new interior, and a set of RDW’s on it…. Sounds awesome to me… 😎

Normally I’d say keep it, but I’d like to see the above happen so I vote sell! Plus, taking outrageous money for something not listed for sale doesn’t make you a flipper….it makes you wise.

What he said, + FLIP IT, U FLIPPER. 😜😜

John Jones
    Keymaster

Small world…. a LURKER from Colorado Springs on his way to Moab stopped by KCW on his way to check out Wills bus…. 😎  He also asked about my back….  😎

I haven’t even shown you the 23 window Willy found too…. 😎  it’s a walkthrough too… 😎  But has a few cuts in it… 😎  😎

If there weren’t three of my foster children projects going on in between my trailers.. maybe I could put my tractor back where it belongs!!!!

ColeB

Haha! I’ll get my super rare and early project out of the way this fall, then we can push those other late scrap buses against the fence;)

Willy

That’s pretty cool, it seems to be popular!

Luckily I’m used to disappointing you all, I’m thinking I like this bus enough to make some poor decisions.

Willy

That booty though…

IMG_1850

I got a message from a guy on thesamba who wanted to know if I was selling this. Once I told him I wasn’t he told me he just wanted to verify I wasn’t going to flip this and that he had a bunch of parts for it that he’d give me if I paid shipping. Cool!

WAY2COOL
    Participant

Now THAT’S the kind of message you want to receive

Great pic BTW

KIM
    Test Pilot @ Submarine Airways

scottvw
    Participant

Small world…. a LURKER from Colorado Springs on his way to Moab stopped by KCW on his way to check out Wills bus…. 😎 He also asked about my back…. 😎 I haven’t even shown you the 23 window Willy found too…. 😎 it’s a walkthrough too… 😎 But has a few cuts in it… 😎 😎 If there weren’t three of my foster children projects going on in between my trailers.. maybe I could put my tractor back where it belongs!!!!

Hey John,

You called me out as the Lurker so I thought it was only fitting I manned up and got on your site officially.  I’m originally from FL and met Franz and Derek way back in Bulli Brigade days.  I’ve been in Denver for the past 15 years.  I have a 63 Beetle slammed on earlies and 66 13 window deluxe lowered on Fuchs.  I’ve crossed paths with you and Will on many occasions. I think we were both in CA in 2012 at the OCTO Barndoor gathering.  Anyways.  I’m glad to finally be on your site offically.

dirtylawnchair
    Participant

Small world…. a LURKER from Colorado Springs on his way to Moab stopped by KCW on his way to check out Wills bus…. 😎 He also asked about my back…. 😎 I haven’t even shown you the 23 window Willy found too…. 😎 it’s a walkthrough too… 😎 But has a few cuts in it… 😎 😎 If there weren’t three of my foster children projects going on in between my trailers.. maybe I could put my tractor back where it belongs!!!!

Hey John, You called me out as the Lurker so I thought it was only fitting I manned up and got on your site officially. I’m originally from FL and met Franz and Derek way back in Bulli Brigade days. I’ve been in Denver for the past 15 years. I have a 63 Beetle slammed on earlies and 66 13 window deluxe lowered on Fuchs. I’ve crossed paths with you and Will on many occasions. I think we were both in CA in 2012 at the OCTO Barndoor gathering. Anyways. I’m glad to finally be on your site offically.

Whats up Scott!!

Dario
    Participant

What a sweeeet find Will, I would definitely keep all your VWs… You can easily make the money for some dirt another way, you can’t easily find more of the cool stuff you’ve gotten your hands on. 😎😜🤪 Super cool 😎

scottvw
    Participant

Hey John, You called me out as the Lurker so I thought it was only fitting I manned up and got on your site officially. I’m originally from FL and met Franz and Derek way back in Bulli Brigade days. I’ve been in Denver for the past 15 years. I have a 63 Beetle slammed on earlies and 66 13 window deluxe lowered on Fuchs. I’ve crossed paths with you and Will on many occasions. I think we were both in CA in 2012 at the OCTO Barndoor gathering. Anyways. I’m glad to finally be on your site offically.

Whats up Scott!!

What’s up Paulie

John Jones
    Keymaster

Willy is one lucky dude…  😎  dat ass.. wow.. 😎

John Jones
    Keymaster

Willy tinkered with his new baby last night..

DSCF1336DSCF1335

John Jones
    Keymaster

OH it’s official… WILLY IS NOT SELLING this rig….  He has been offered a ridiculous amount of money, much more than it is actually worth, and still said no….   Sorry Buddy…. 😎    So for all you OG paint lovers… Keep looking… 😎

Willy

Yup, I’ve been chasing this bus for too long and the story it uniquely mine. Hard to put a price on that. Patina buses are like finger prints, they’re all one of a kind.

I’m digging in to repair the little bit of rust this thing has, like behind the left rear outrigger

EC4ABD51-281D-46E8-B251-A7E77A203BE1
    E89B978A-D0B9-48C6-9191-2765D3B201EB

94344FC5-6922-4F52-8559-B166E4AAFC46

Willy

Aiming for preservation, so only replacing what needs to be replaced so I don’t have to mess up any of the rockers. Welded in a section of inner rocker, top hat, and cargo floor and a new outrigger. Need to order some jack points.

EC945BBF-4855-4CB7-B30B-1A2FD7D1EB276AB3D567-C923-4FDE-907B-F460E59F7C66

mtnbus
    Participant

Nice Will !

looks great !

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.