Home Forums Bullshit Subaru bullshit!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 490 total)
  • Author
    Participant

209 324 2352 is my cell phone.

So Willy’s friend Maddie sent her 85 vanagon here, we handled it.. she got here lastnight, spent the night in the extra bed. Today she left around noon from my house/shop heading to Willy’s house in San Diego.. nice 400 mile drive home.. fucking awesome!!!

Another one done!

BA1E2568-18BA-45B7-A395-CDC03349F6B4

Do something

Andym
    Participant

It’s fucking hot here!! Been busy working on Subi swaps and limo bus..

turbo beetle, limo bus, regular bay swaps, sand rail and Baja beetle.. keeping busy

Do something

Andym
    Participant

here’s a sandrail we just did..waiting on a reorder on a fuel pump.. video of the front wheels up will be happening!

I might move the radiator to directly behind the motor after I make a new motor cradle.

4 seater with a 2.5 4 cam motor

0A530098-8483-4F26-B32C-A90F950FC84F

41B04255-B4E7-4866-B63B-196E1037E53823DFFB0B-1A49-4A27-BA46-D147AD6D8DB929304F73-2F05-41C9-9ACF-5512849DC227

Do something

Andym
    Participant

These fuckers are fun!!  A 2 seater would be even more fun being shorter… I don’t know how to embed the video from instatagrams, I posted one on there just idling.

Reason for the radiator placement, it’s high up on be rails so you still can look behind and see! If I lowered it it would block the vision.

Ammo can holds all the electronics. $40 muffler, some cheap steel bends.

I can do sandrail swaps all day, easiest swap to do with no body around it.

DCC17EA4-4180-47BC-9875-2968250E6719

Do something

John Jones
    Keymaster

did you fucking wheelie or not???  I doubt it….  Subi’s are for people other than me.. 8-)8-)

I’m gonna have to build a sand rail baja etc and we should have a show down!!!!! at oregon sand dunes  😎  or over by moab!!!  Floy exit…   Lets do it….Plenty of sand to make a track out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your old man could come out with us!!!!!!!!

Andym
    Participant

No wheelie footage yet. I tried to do one out of my shop door, only thing it did was leave 2 huge ass black lines out the door. In the sand/orchard it just digs and goes. It has 31.5x15wide tires on it.

lets do it JJ. Air cooled vs subi sandrail showdown. Moab works for me. I can build my own rail or use this one. I bet a 2 seater would be more fun!

Do something

Andym
    Participant

Looks like I’m getting a 2 seater sandrail..apparently it comes with paddle tires. Haven’t seen the paddles yet. 🙄

It’s a running driving rail. Link pin front end, IRS rear end. A single port air cooled engine. 🥳

Of course it’s getting subi power!!! Some turbo action!

Do something

John Jones
    Keymaster

No wheelie footage yet. I tried to do one out of my shop door, only thing it did was leave 2 huge ass black lines out the door. In the sand/orchard it just digs and goes. It has 31.5x15wide tires on it. lets do it JJ. Air cooled vs subi sandrail showdown. Moab works for me. I can build my own rail or use this one. I bet a 2 seater would be more fun!

huh…..  challenge huh????  😎

John Jones
    Keymaster

Looks like I’m getting a 2 seater sandrail..apparently it comes with paddle tires. Haven’t seen the paddles yet. 🙄 It’s a running driving rail. Link pin front end, IRS rear end. A single port air cooled engine. 🥳 Of course it’s getting subi power!!! Some turbo action!

Maybe you’ll be able to pull the tires with a 2 seater.. Tail dragger???

Pat K
    Keymaster

Looks like I’m getting a 2 seater sandrail..apparently it comes with paddle tires. Haven’t seen the paddles yet. 🙄 It’s a running driving rail. Link pin front end, IRS rear end. A single port air cooled engine. 🥳 Of course it’s getting subi power!!! Some turbo action!

I see transmissions in your future..🤑

We will build it if it comes.

alykat
    Participant

I see transmissions in your future..🤑

Funny. That is the same thought I had when I read this. As an aside, I have 7 IRS plus a parts trans on the shelf in the shop that I have had for sale $950 for all. You might want to scoop them up while you are out here.

John Jones
    Keymaster

You get your sand rail yet??? 😎   I have had sand on the brain lately!!!    The dunes are more fun than all this billy goat rock shit we do around here… 😎  So smooth….     I want a badd ass sand car…..  I gotta figure out how to make that happen…. 😎  😎  and I want to tow it with my bus!!!!!  so its gotta be light!!!!!!

Andym
    Participant

Hopefully I get it Monday. It comes with a single axle trailer built just for it. I keep thinking of building some type of cab over rack for my truck to haul it long distance.

Do something

John Jones
    Keymaster

I look forward to some sand dune time with ya Andy!!!

Andym
    Participant

Got some cool projects in the shop. This squareback with a 6 cylinder subi, mendola front and rear suspension, subaru 5 speed trans. It’s a hell of a project.  Really badass car! It was at a shop that didn’t complete it, so it ended up at mine.

E777E315-A029-46D1-B6FA-F5CD150D09F5

Do something

John Jones
    Keymaster

Got some cool projects in the shop. This squareback with a 6 cylinder subi, mendola front and rear suspension, subaru 5 speed trans. It’s a hell of a project. Really badass car! It was at a shop that didn’t complete it, so it ended up at mine. E777E315-A029-46D1-B6FA-F5CD150D09F5

Looks killer….  It’s good to be known as someone who finished what they start…. 😎  😎  Your a badd ass Andy…. 😎

Franz
    Keymaster

Holy muffler! Is that off a corvette?

Please make sure you test this setup fully. Hoonigan style. I would like a video 🙂

Andym
    Participant

Thanks JJ, one day I’ll be 1/10 as badass as you..

franz I’ll be sure to hook you up with some video!

338C58E5-B855-4E55-BA88-E8BAF031E1CD4904A801-87FF-4900-9702-FDF00C6B5DF7

Do something

Andym
    Participant

Got this wild ride fired up today. Just to check the wiring, never wired a 6 banger

Do something

Critter1
    Participant

Im curious how the steering column/shaft work. Post some under dash pics please.

Justin..... that's Justin in Spanish.

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 490 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.