Home Forums Camping & Show Stuff SST 2021!!!! Rampage spot start

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I hope those guys are being safe.

Well that’s not going to lead to any fun stories.

I JUST received a bunch of GREAT pics!!! Everyone is doing well! No major issues!
    Here are few pics!!

78C6476B-DA44-49A4-951E-BDB7CB3100EDB499928A-A655-4272-8675-C8F87E2525FA57544C1A-6682-45AE-8FCF-57300688114122CC04B4-F9ED-42CB-9CF6-B9F40E5284CB21C51D02-C7C4-4029-BBB7-67FF608DF4BAA3F62A2C-989D-4555-9D58-26D9B9B56AE3

I love going on adventures in our bus!!!

Here comes John!!!!!

Go Cole!

Participant

Looks like lots of fun.!!

Pamper took axel breaker hill like a champ ๐Ÿ† Looks like good weather and some deep rivers!

I found a little update on Fb- SST group

F415FC3F-C336-4790-A4AA-504257AC8669

Keymaster

Mobile party/crash unit!!!

Looks like a pretty good size group. Is there meet up with another group this year?

We will build it if it comes.

tlamberttlambert
    Participant

Looks like a great time!

Participant

Very much digging the videos Audreyย  !

Theyโ€™re back on the road! They stopped in Ely for brunch with Ben!!

EC81A1DB-8AB4-4186-B834-89AA87DEB203

Participant

Great visit. To short, but glad it worked out. Safe travels, hope to catch up soon.

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

mtnbusmtnbus
    Participant

Such an awesome trip ! Thanks for all the photos/vids ! Didn’t look like you ran into much snow.

How many miles did you guys tally ?

Stoked to hear the stories

Participant

Life is boring with out all you here!

Hope everyone got home safe!

No cell service on the backroads. The phone and camera were frozen. We were having way to much fun in the moment to film or post. These are all acceptable excuses on the SST.

Dan is SPOT on ๐Ÿ˜… – And on the flip side of the trip I can also add the excuse of decompressing and coming back to “the real world” ๐Ÿ˜

Life is boring with out all you here! Hope everyone got home safe!

We miss you already, Sarah!! Thank you so much for having us, and it was of course a BLAST being on Shasta with you… Made it home safe and sound, with a DIRTY bus ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

What an insanely AWESOME TRIP!! Everyone says its hard to put in words how much fun Shasta is and hard to capture how intense the driving is and boy are they right! You have to come on the trip to really get the idea… BUT If you are not willing to do major repairs on the side of the road, risk your life speeding through the muddy forest cliff-side, or be constantly rushed and on a mission to drive and get to the next spot, then Shasta is not for you… If that sounds like a fucking blast, then come join us next year!!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Stories to tell…

Wednesday night Sarah had to replace her clutch at the rampage spot – thank goodness it got done there though with a little help from Robert and Cole so she had no issues tearing it up for the entire rest of the trip ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿป

64A9378A-9394-4BA8-AE23-23B2153B18BA

D4C1AA6E-6E37-4BE5-B1A6-D96320FA3B87

IMG_3883

Thursday – We had to cut down TONS of trees in our path this trip too… of course no one had any issues breaking out their chainsaws – almost more of a “fight” of who was going to get to use theirs this time ๐Ÿ˜œ Alsoย Several deep/challenging river crossings as well – but no one had to go swimming this year! ๐Ÿฅณ

EB6AFA3C-778E-478E-8C80-1B38DA4671AEB07B8329-CB18-4FE6-9A88-2DC4F9C36385

We were in NorCal which we decided is the land of the outlaws where they don’t really give a fuck..? So there were a couple lock cutting incidents.. not done by KCW…but lets please keep that over here on our website only…๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‰ We did end up on Forest Land… just took a super cool short cut on someones land that they clearly never go on… really we just cleaned up some downed trees…right?

We also had to tow Cole out of some mud since he never chained up.. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

2C519E55-FFFB-4916-8351-0C8E0B13A2FE

1736E7F2-7450-4D32-A5AD-F994D4F7E373457AC554-6E77-4794-8AA8-9CAE5DF6D6067EA4B7B6-4A30-4E37-82CA-18C144BE3DA9

Thursday night most of camp was doing a little tune-up after all that water got all up in our engines…๐Ÿ˜…

Friday – Between a couple pretty good water crossings Loren lost his Tranny… I guess he knew that was going to happen (?) and brought one with him – so with the help of Justin from Kombi Haus and Rich from Wolfsburg West they did a tranny swap in the mud on Friday for 6 hours ๐Ÿคช We were on the other side of the next water crossing when we heard – so us, Cole, Team Amigos, and Brian had our own party and were all drunk by the time they started crossing over ๐Ÿ˜†ย After that JJ was tired of sitting around and we raced our big engine up to the Kettenpom Store and didn’t see the others until later the next morning…

2A36C88D-4B6E-470D-9272-AD9B5E24227D

50D9D9E9-D4E7-453D-966F-5C21EE8831C7

Saturday we did a ton of driving…drove through Forks of the Salmon during the day which was sooo beautiful – also a mostly one-lane cliff-side road! And we got to Shasta around 8 that night where the Mexican Restaurant stayed open late just for us and Letcher was awesome and treated us all – Thanks!!

23 busses started at the Rampage Spot, 18 from that crew arrived at Shasta + about 6 more buses who did a Coastal Route this year… BADASS!!!

Thanks to Corporate for uploading the pictures and videos I sent her along the way – We were definitely off the grid for most of the actual Shasta driving… Next post shall contain more pictures! Also working on more Videos to share!

Do you think I can convince JJ to help me get another split ready so I can drive it and corporate can come along next year?!?! ๐Ÿ˜œ

How many miles did you guys tally ? Stoked to hear the stories

I think the Pamper tallied 2500 miles for our whole trip… not sure about just the Shasta Part… Sarah?

Hopefully my novel can sum up a little for ya ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keymaster

Shasta….ย  I don’t know what to say or really how to say it… It’s the most fun you can have driving a Volkswagen.ย  ย And there are cliffs, and cow’s, and on coming traffic, cops, mud, snow, and mechanical break downs!!!!ย  and I was driving a SUPER top heavy bus with three people in it…. No seat belts and swiveling seats… ๐Ÿ˜Žย  It was the best training I could imagine for my soon to be class 11 racing…ย  Cole got the best training he could ask for for these races he has coming up…. He had a few small problems he and I trouble shot through,ย  it was fun, he learned, I got to smile and be proud of him… ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Spencer hot Springs is still my favorite place to be…. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

mtnbusmtnbus
    Participant

Awesome stories !

thanks for posting

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.