Home Forums Camping & Show Stuff SST 2019 Shasta!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Well that looks like a crappy task.ย  Time for a center section belly pan with a custom one to cover the coupler?

BBWB
    Participant

I got my shift rod stuck in fourth gear, and throttle cable frozen on a trip from Tacoma Washington to Witchita Falls Texas. Had to keep going until I found a rest stopย  to roll into and just turn off the engine to stop. I was lowered and couldn’t get under it all that well. Jacked the bus up and chipped ice with a ski pole. Got to my dad’s house and fashioned a throttle Bowden tube from an old motorcycle throttle cable. That was the same trip that I climbed Eisenhower Tunnel in the wee hours and a blizzard.

If we ever write a book titled VW Trips, I can contribute a few. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

John Jones
    Keymaster

amazingly enough… the couplers were fine.. hidden well from the ice really… it was in the middle… where on a non belly pan bus the tube and rod is exposed, especially on pre 58 busses..ย  the rod is inside on 58 and later I think…. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Shasta was a little slower this year, a little more safe, and the group all stayed together the entire weekend… No 4:20 starts, no chaining up… It was dubbed “The coastal trip”.ย  ๐Ÿ˜Žย  ย Brian P rode shot gun with Eric Z and was justย  “along for the ride” as he said….ย  ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž He is the one who rolled last year.. ๐Ÿ˜Žย  He usually drives hard and treats it like a military exercise.ย  ๐Ÿ˜Žย  ย Which I see the fun in also.. but keep in mind the vast majority of these boys live by Sacramento… and they only have a short drive home… ๐Ÿ˜Žย  ย I still maintain, the hardest part of Shasta, every time I have gone, is getting there and getting back!!!!!!!!!!…. ๐Ÿ˜Žย  ย The COLDEST part of the trip is in Utah and some of Nevada.ย  The hardest part on the bus is the 1600 or so miles of getting there and back….ย  Once there… You have a gang of VW dudes willing to help you out, and they carry almost every part that could fail, they have been doing this trip for 19 years now…ย  They have it down pretty good.

I look forward to many more road trips!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speshel k
    Participant

Did you make it back home or are you still on the road? Iโ€™d love to do a Colorado caravan sometime. Maybe Montana as well. Iโ€™ve done the coast a few times.

John Jones
    Keymaster

I’m home… all was well… I am with you… I am ready for heading East some… ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Žย  ย whole lotta country I have not seen…. ๐Ÿ˜Žย  ย I’ve done the coast from top to bottom now….. ๐Ÿ˜Žย  The lost coast is what most don’t get to see…. SAW IT!ย  ๐Ÿ˜Žย  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I wanna go see Mount Rushmore and the great lakes and the mid west and every old cowboy town we can run into, and stop at as many hot springs as I can!!!!!! woohoo!!!! Lotta space to cover!!!!!!!!

ColeB
    Participant

Iโ€™d recommend devils tower as well if youโ€™re up by Mount Rushmore! Super cool.

Jdawg
    Participant

Mount Rushmore is really cool. One of the neatest things Iโ€™ve seen.

ColeB
    Participant

https://youtu.be/v3c-t54nWlQ

Looks like fun! Cool video of SST 2019!

tlambert
    Participant

That was a cool video.

My favorite John Jones quote:

sanding sucks my balls and there is no need for any pics.. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

John Jones
    Keymaster

Good times…. Having a hard time coming back to reality….ย  ย I think I wanna just travel in live in my bus.. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Corporate
    Keymaster

Look at these GREAT sweatshirts we got!!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

THANK YOU!!!!!! The forest service looking patch is the front, SST 2019 is the back!

4911BBAE-A3CC-44EB-A23F-6DD1A6E0FC27

I love going on adventures in our bus!!!

ColeB
    Participant

Love the forest service logo!

John Jones
    Keymaster

Next year is the 20 year anniversary I think…ย  I wonder if they will do more of a hard core shasta next year?

Corporate
    Keymaster

THANK YOU Shutterfly!!!!!!

747D8E39-DFEC-4D5E-A58E-0E56E5743E5D

I love going on adventures in our bus!!!

ColeB
    Participant

Cool shots!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.