Home Forums Camping & Show Stuff SST 2018 JJ's Journey

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Yes sir I am here!!!   I rolled into Reno to see Jim and got lost twice!!!!  Finally I remembered the address was in this here “smart device” and I made it.  I had a nice visit… and I got to meet his mom..  then I pressed on to the kombi haus in sac.  It was 5:30… and they were closing down…  so I pressed onto Damons place…  I did not contact Damon prior to leaving.. I just goggled it.  So… I go to the address and he has moved.. damn…  I forgot to write the number down… but I remembered writing it on the wads before I left.  So I call corporate and she gives it to me… turns out to be Damons daughters number… lucky she trusted me and face me Damons..   bam.. we had some really awesome road side burritos and I went to bed!!

John Jones
    Keymaster
    RSP3
    Participant

Looking good Jim! Love that garage, great pics!

John Jones
    Keymaster

These guys look like they are roughing it huh…..

Dario
    Participant

Looks like you’re having a blast!!! ???

A couple of the guys here used to buy snap-on tools from Jim, they were glad I showed them your post.

Keep posting looks amazing so far!!!

John Jones
    Keymaster

Headed to the rampage spot now’. Hope everyone has enjoyed the trip this far… I imagine I will loose service later…

Kleake
    Participant

Have a good one John

John Jones
    Keymaster
    Rustabus
    Participant

Glad you made it!!!!!!!! Have an Awesome Time!!!!!!!! 😀  😀  😀  😀

Corporate
    Keymaster

So glad everything is going well!!! Have fun, be safe and keep the updates and Sammy & Sadie pics coming 🙂  🙂  🙂  🙂

I love going on adventures in our bus!!!

Andym
    Participant

Jimbo!!!!

Looking good JJ!

Do something

Corporate
    Keymaster

Everyone check out the AMAZING pics John posted on Instagram ????????????

Notchyours
    Participant

Looks like a broken window

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Notchyours.
    Notchyours
    Participant

Got that picture off Facebook.  Not sure what happened,  probably a rock on the dirt roads

Andym
    Participant

Dam it!!

Could you kick it out rest of the way, cardboard/clear tape/?? the passengers side and move the passenger window to the drivers side?

Do something

66beater
    Participant

Oh snap! Doubt you packed a spare windshield…? maybe you can swap the passenger glass over and tape up the passenger opening. Still living the dream from where I stand!

us after hours hackshows just trying to “keep up with the Jones’s”

Franz
    Keymaster

Oh damn! That was a tempered windshield???? Lucky it didn’t blow-up in his face.

Corporate
    Keymaster

Looks like a broken window

I got to talk to John briefly last night… I’m not clear on what triggered the shatter, but he said he drove for part of a day and slept a night without the window…..but someone had one at their house, they popped it in and were back on the road!!!  He said everything is awesome!!!  Great weather, roads, lots of busses, and great people!!!!  Livin’ the dream!!!!

Corporate
    Keymaster

OMG!!! Holy Sh%#!!!! Whole new twist on instagram! Check it out!!!!

Modernman
    Participant

JJ Ventura Pet Detective status

Notchyours
    Participant

What what I’ve read Brian Piercy rolled his bus yesterday. He is OK and the bus is back on it’s wheels and still going. Looks like a great trip so far.  Wish I was there.

John Jones
    Keymaster

I got a used window at some cool cats named Chris… guys supercool and has lots of stuff!!

ive been updating instagramm when I could.. I’ll update here when I have better service.

Yesterday was some epic hard driving…  and some pretty serious deep water crossings!! Most fun I have ever had driving in my life… I’ve never driven my Baja as hard as we drove!!!

Jdawg
    Participant

gnarly as hell! looks like so much friggin fun!!!

mtnbus
    Participant

Looks like good times !

John Jones
    Keymaster

Fun barely describes this..  it’s an experience.   If your towards the front..  you better be driving your ass off!!!    I don’t really know how to word it..  it’s about keeping your shit together.. it’s about pushing your bus…

the guys that do Shasta are the real deal… these deaf Volks guys.. they drive like Crazy!!!   They will pass you.. when there is only a tiny spot to pass..

i haven’t taken all that many pics,,  it’s hard to drive and take pics..

thats where we slept yesterday night…

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.