Home Forums Camping & Show Stuff Shasta Snow Trip 2022

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Sooo many logistics going into this trip for me this year, and nothing like a little prep the day before departure. But then I look at the pictures from last year….

IMG_5482IMG_5570IMG_5567IMG_6581IMG_5695IMG_6191IMG_6419

John Jones

I tell you what Willy.. When I get back from KOH.. assuming my bus is still 100%.. I will help you were I can to make our departure time realistic for you too…   Audrey and look forward to having a few busses to cruise out and back with…  Will and Gianna, Dan and Dewayne, Audrey and I!!  Maybe Bubba wants to go still?

Still changing the motor in the 15Window?   heat? stock heater boxes on the 2007?  It has stock size valves in it..

The harder I work, the better I feel, sorta 😎

Audrey Jones

I was gonna quote you Willy but you must have changed your mind that… SHASTA HASTA HAPPEN!!!! 😎

The cruise out and back and hanging at the hot springs is half the fun!! I hope at least a couple buses get to cruise with us!!! Tell us how we can help to make it happen guys! 👏🏻

Pat K

Maybe Rusty can talk his boss into bringing the crew and do a VW bus sculpture on Shasta mountain???  SNICE baby!!!

We will build it if it comes.

Franz

Don’t be inviting Willbur to come mess up the shop!!!! I thought we just went through this….For like the 20th time!

czechhaza
    Participant

I just emptied my bus out, holy shit I had a lot of stuff in there! I think I could have cooked for 10 people.  Oil change, battery health check ( omg, I should have done that a while back).  One of my shocks was leaking, so new ones ordered.  Today I’m going to get my CB working better so I can hear all the shit talk on Shasta. I’m going light this year. ( I say that every year, but definitely trying, I don’t have to deliver the Tshirts this year so that will be awesome). Can’t wait to see everyone, anyone 🙂. Is Dan headed this way too? We might have to scavenge some firewood for the rampage spot, as we burned our whole wood pile last Shasta lol.  See you soon!

John Jones

Sara, You said rampage spot… I guess we won’t know where we are going till we arrive… 😎 😎

What’s a battery health check?

I am going to put a fresh CB in my bus before Shasta with a hard mounted antenna! I want to hear shit I can’t even see!!! 😎

Audrey Jones

I’m going to get some maps of the Rampage spot AND Letts lake to Mt. Shasta… then we might have at least some of the area we drive 😜

We can try to bring some firewood too Sarah!! We should have all loaded up from the Boy Scouts at BBB apparently!!

czechhaza
    Participant

Battery health means, check to see if your battery had water in it when you notice the cranking amperage is 8v.

John Jones

I need to test out my chain saw…  😎  I bet there are loads of down tree’s we could cut up…8-)

I hope everyone starts at the same spot!!

czechhaza
    Participant

The only place I’ve heard is Letts Lake. Also, storm coming at the end of the month fyi

Audrey Jones

Doing some Shasta Repairs this morning at one of our Class 11 Racer friends, Donny Donovan’s Shop behind his house 👍🏻

CFE088FD-B795-4717-9674-D036AA1B8680

JJ went to hammer on his valve cover a bit and cracked it open… oops! Welded it back together…  checked his valves and put it all back together, added some hose clamps to our throttle cable tube where we make the fuel line repairs on the way here… checking the timing and getting it dialed now 👌🏻

5FC3CB09-E246-484E-ACCB-1849221C7A5A0876CBEF-0ACF-4067-BBA9-84DEB252FD3ACC8CE48D-010F-4D90-B9EA-259E780277E7
    3B2DC192-5E9B-4E77-8029-98B6C84E97F7

John Jones

Well the day I was supposed to show up is finally here.  It’s been very nice here.. Sleeping with the cargo doors open.. Getting into the 60’s!!!  Starring at my wrecked ass car….  I keep thinking about working on it some…  I’m glad I choose to drive straight up here… milage wise… but time wise,,, I’m not so sure,,, 😎 😎 8-).

Started reading a book about Homo sapiens…  Men are just as the chimpanzee’s made us… 😎 😎 😎

I imagine this will be another Shasta dust trip…  I hope we get to cut down LOTS of tree’s and cross lots of deep water crossings!!!!

Shasta is the most fun you can have driving a split bus! Which is why I like to go! 😎 😎 😎

We got 8 radios from Rugged yesterday!!!  These are going to be SOOO handy on all our multibus trips!!!  8-).

Willy

Ugh. I’m in for a week of serious FOMO. Have fun!

I’ve opted for more bus adventures instead of using all my time on one. Hoping it pays off… Maybe we can meet to camp somewhere on your way back?

Audrey Jones

Maybe we can meet to camp somewhere on your way back?

Sure.. but you’ve bailed on like the last three trips you’ve said you’d join us on…we’ll post where we are or be reachable.. like always, Willy..😎

Well the day I was supposed to show up is finally here. It’s been very nice here..  ….   Shasta is the most fun you can have driving a split bus! Which is why I like to go! 😎

Oh yes it has been sooo nice here at Sarah’s 😍😍 The post-race blues aren’t so bad when you don’t have to go right back to work, but can instead enjoy some upper 60s degree weather and forest views and super chill time here. Thank you Sarah!! ☺️FF178F90-7EAB-472A-B5D6-92025AB5D1149938BB91-2F35-4F4E-9DAA-CF5C4F6CCC3179A9D89D-0722-451D-B401-451E3DAAF478A522AD70-B55E-47CD-B20D-ACCAE4A16BF0

Shasta Shasta Shasta!! I can’t wait!!! We are going to have a great time – FULL SEND BABY 😎 I am sure going to miss the rest of the Shasta KCW Crew… Already missing all the boys crazy company! Sarah fed us GOOD tonight with homemade chili!3308270C-6C34-428B-B9F5-ECE96ADD5B2DSo we will all sleep tight tonight – then off to the meeting spot tomorrow! Letts Lake 😎C5BFD7A9-BD06-4FE5-BD14-CE58C9CEBD09 Then I hear we will be having a traditional start Thursday morning… and more of a rally type Shasta drive 😏

Persevere, Overcome, and Adapt 👊🏻 Rallying in the sticks with a bunch of solid VW friends 🤙🏻

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.