Home Forums KCW Current Projects Parkway projects

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 12 posts - 2176 through 2187 (of 2187 total)
  • Author

we haven’t been working on parkway projects… as we are trying to give the master planner Franz the time he needs to fab all that cool shit up!

But we do make exceptions for FAMILY like Dan…

IMG_0665

Pat K

Dan. Your set to go.

Bad float on the 1/2 side had the engine hydro locked.  Found a replacement float. Drained the gas/oil out of the case. Filed with fresh Bradpenn 20W/50.  Replaced the leaky valve cover gaskets, and checked/adjusted the vitals.

Ready for Vw at the Springs next weekend.243E0016-8F5D-407C-A7AE-C5F297447A59

We will build it if it comes.

Rustabus
    Participant

Gotta be a good feeling Dan!!!! 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍Driver Buses make life Better!!!!!!👍👍👍👍😀😀😀

mtnbus
    Participant

such a dope bus !

I wish I was headed north with you guys….should be super fun

John Jones

I think Dan should ride shotgun and let someone else do the driving this trip…. 😎 😎 😎

Franz

Parkway projects have been stacking up while we have been working on resto projects for the last month. There are like 5 beetles, 2 baywindows, and a split window bus (plus all of Jesse’s crap) that are waiting to get in the shop. I imagine that we will get started on them this week.

Usually parkway projects need a list made of repairs/parts, then a phone call to make sure we can do the work, then parts ordered, and wait a week for them to arrive….it’s going to take a while to get caught up.

And let’s not forget about Scott’s Volvo pv544. I already got the parts for it. I was hopeful somebody would buy it as is, but no luck.

John Jones

Parkway stuff is a never ending revolving door of work….  I miss Don’s Automotive.    We just did resto work back then.. We would just tell everyone who called us to call them…. 😎  Now… we are it…  Dons Fuegate is pushing up daisies by now.   There is no doubt in my mind a guy could stay busy just doing parkway work…   But no one REALLY wants to do that work…  It’s necessary.. to keep em on the road and alive!

The parkway work makes for a lot of extra cars around here..  I can’t even get my tractor out right now.. 😎

I always feel like we need a guy who is dedicated to the parkway cause..   But Franz is the best VW mechanic I know, and also the best at Fabricating shit too… 😎

Douglas E Fresh
    Participant

Franz, I still got a buyer for the Saab…but hes wanting you to do your thang as well!!

John Jones

maybe Franz should do the Volve first so your friend can buy it and take it home!!!

The parkway stuff is for sure pilllled up!!!

John Jones

And it begins….

6BFCFEBA-C306-4B9D-A474-5B02D4C2FA9E

Pat K

Yes Sr. That 71 SB was in for so trouble shooting. Distributor not advancing was one of the issues.

6772374E-32FA-4401-9701-CEDBB90FC85BD5A882B1-54C5-4ACD-B988-BB00A7AD4FE9

But the main problem is she’s worn out. Leak down test #s say it’s terminal.9FC36AE4-0359-4984-BF5A-07E5548504E7

We will build it if it comes.

John Jones

12%… that hole is almost dead!!!!!!!! 😎

Knock them parkway projects outta here!

Viewing 12 posts - 2176 through 2187 (of 2187 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.