volksaddictParticipantFebruary 12, 2021 at 8:35 amPost count: 670
My mama said finish what you start. Even if it was a bad idea…RustabusParticipantFebruary 12, 2021 at 9:27 amPost count: 2191
Oh, it’s a bad idea for sure!!!! And presently TOP of the list of the 5 Bus builds I have!!!!👍👍👍👍 Worried I might pull the trigger!!!! 😂😂😂John JonesKeymasterFebruary 13, 2021 at 6:45 amPost count: 7465
How about just do something.. anything… forward march! 😎 Put something back on the road!!!ColeBModeratorFebruary 14, 2021 at 10:47 amPost count: 2069
Rusty needs to do Shasta. I’d say 1600 single port in that panel! Lightweight sst build. Then maybe you’d come camp with us rusty!John JonesKeymasterFebruary 15, 2021 at 7:20 amPost count: 7465
I may have hurt his feelings…. 😎 😎RustabusParticipantFebruary 15, 2021 at 8:51 amPost count: 2191
Ha! No! I’m just dreaming about VW builds on your webpage while off doing non VW stuff😀 Copper Mountain last week for snow carving work Telluride this week for a snowboard trip!!! I’ll build a VW again someday!!!!!👍👍What would hurt my feelings is if you refused to let the SuperHighRoof come to KCW!!!👍RustabusParticipantFebruary 20, 2021 at 6:26 pmPost count: 2191
Yup, still thinking SHR is for sure my best/worst idea!!! 👍👍👍👍👍RustabusParticipantFebruary 20, 2021 at 6:29 pmPost count: 2191
I need a front bench seat!!!!!!!🙏🙏🙏 Anybody??!RustabusParticipantFebruary 22, 2021 at 5:46 pmPost count: 2191
Ordered a bunch O General Grabbers today!!! 5 215 75 R 15’s for Bus build, a spare GG for White Lightning and a pair of fronts for my Baja!!! 😀😀😀😀RustabusParticipantFebruary 22, 2021 at 6:10 pmPost count: 2191
Oh yeah, while unloading the SHR yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised to see a bench seat back I had powder coated and kinda forgotten about……. is this a humpback??
So all I need is a bench bottom!!!RustabusParticipantFebruary 22, 2021 at 8:11 pmPost count: 2191
Checked Samba, humpback isn’t right, need some early flat back seat… Anybody???????🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏FranzKeymasterFebruary 22, 2021 at 11:21 pmPost count: 4001Pat KKeymasterFebruary 23, 2021 at 4:58 amPost count: 1790
I agree Franz… Buckets for the upper front row seats.
We will build it if it comes.RustabusParticipantFebruary 23, 2021 at 8:25 amPost count: 2191
😂 Lack of group consensus highlights my why it’s hard for me to decide!!!! 😂
Since any build is going to use the rims, tires, reduction tranny and motor that I already have, let’s talk about metalwork and additional parts needed.
Buses in order of work needed…..
1. 58 Panel For Sure the nicest body welded up 1000 holes already and being a Panel not a lot of jewelry needed. Need bumpers, seats, deck lid and apron.
2. 64 Sportsmobile what I was planning on, needs some rust repair has some big damage to the drivers front roof but I have all the camper windows, lots of OG interior, seats bumpers, taillights etc…..
3. 57 SuperHighRoof uugh, not sure how to evaluate this except if I roll it, I’m the only guy that has one and it would be an amazing camper for non off-road camping.
4. 58 Standard, lots o body work and I gotta buy more parts.
5. 71 Standard Easiest of all!! Plug in a motor, clean up electric, then tinker with interior and whatever gremlins pop up while messin with it. NO!!! Where’s Emilee??
Everybody has an opinion!!!! Let’s hear them!!!😀😀😀😀😀
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.