- MikeKParticipantJanuary 17, 2020 at 12:34 pmPost count: 180
Finished welding the sides, tacked the upper then ran out of argon. Once it’s welded I’ll do a little bit of hammering and filing followed by turning the flanges.John JonesKeymasterJanuary 21, 2020 at 8:19 amPost count: 6124John JonesKeymasterJanuary 21, 2020 at 1:09 pmPost count: 6124MikeKParticipantJanuary 22, 2020 at 10:48 amPost count: 180
Priority one indeed! I sold my Dormobile a couple of years back, bought a Vanagon project that I dove a little too deep into. Getting it on the road turned into complete seam rust prevention, rocker replacement, rear fender replacement, and stripping it back for a color change. Not to mention a fresh motor, etc… Shit takes time. Even my girl is getting antsy to have a camper back up and running. They become a part of your life after doing it for so long and I just can’t imagine taking a road trip without one. Camping in a tent just doesn’t cut it anymore.
I’ve done a lot of work on this thing since this pic. Still have a ways to go.MikeKParticipantFebruary 5, 2020 at 4:44 pmPost count: 180
Got some more work done on the deck lid. Finished the welding.MikeKParticipantFebruary 5, 2020 at 4:46 pmPost count: 180
<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>Then turned the edges. </span>MikeKParticipantFebruary 5, 2020 at 4:48 pmPost count: 180
<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>I like this little tool for scribing flanges. </span>MikeKParticipantFebruary 5, 2020 at 4:52 pmPost count: 180
This is a good way to trim off fatter sections of waste on your way to a final cut. Snip in some reliefs and it curls up like a thin cut.MikeKParticipantFebruary 5, 2020 at 4:54 pmPost count: 180
After some bumping and filing still needs a little bit of detail work then I’ll mate it back to the frametlambertParticipantFebruary 6, 2020 at 9:56 amPost count: 286MikeKParticipantFebruary 6, 2020 at 2:58 pmPost count: 180
Got the depression for the latch cover pressed in.MikeKParticipantMarch 21, 2020 at 10:02 amPost count: 180
I haven’t got much done in the way of working on the Bus, but I did start on some repro Hurst’s for it. I had some original units on my old 59 panel which I took some patterns from way back when. I cut the pieces out with a torch and ground them shape well over a decade ago and they’ve been lying on the shelf collecting dust ever since.
This tube roller worked well at bending the upper trellis.MikeKParticipantMarch 21, 2020 at 10:04 amPost count: 180
The days go by… stamped way back with our little clubs name. This was when our biggest concern was fallout from Y2K.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.