Home Forums KCW Current Projects Mikes Dual Cab

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 859 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sounds like a great day!

3 1/2 days until I get to drive this sweet ride to Roosters.  I’m bringing with me my battery, 4 bench seat sections, and my license plate.

WAY2COOL
    Participant

Whoo whoo !!! exciting times ahead

KIM
    Test Pilot @ Submarine Airways

Rustabus
    Participant

I’d have a hard time thinking of much else if I had an Awesome Rig this close to the finish line!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

John Jones
    Keymaster

Today should be epic for this truck….  😎   😎   If this truck could talk…. I think it’s real real happy!!!!!!!!! 😎  😎

I was painting those hub caps yesterday and thinking how nice they are… and how THANKFULL I am for Wolfsburg West!!!!!!   Between them and Gerson…. You can build a whole bus!!!!! 😎  😎  They have made our lives easier and easier each year.. 😎

John Jones
    Keymaster

Mike…not sure of your plans… and you probably already made them…  but you are more than welcome to stay here at the compound Saturday night…. I’m sure you would rather leave your truck parked here than in some parking lot… and you can stay up all night drewling on it;… 😎  We can put it on the lift so you can check it all out…. 😎  I’ll help ya load up sunday morning if ya want… 😎 just offering.. and anyone coming with you too of course!!! we have room for about 5….  😎

You may enjoy hanging out here after roosters… 😎  😎  we can cruise around Kelly’s Barndoor and your DC if ya want… 😎

mdubg
    Participant

John…I really appreciate the hospitality and I’d love to do the full KCW experience, but I’m gonna be hustling.  I’m squeezing the pickup in between work and a family vacation for the 4th (Tahoe yeah!!!).

My tentative plans are to get about 7-8 hours of driving under my belt Friday afternoon/evening, stop in New Mex.  Finish the remaining 8 hours in the early morning of Saturday.  Arrive at KCW around midday on Saturday. Check out the rig and shop.   Drive around a bit.  Hit up Roosters.  Load the rig on the trailer.  Get a couple of hours of driving toward Texas under my belt on Saturday night (this might be ambitious).  Complete the drive all day Sunday.  I know this is a packed schedule, but that’s the best I could do given work and family vacation.

Gonna be a roller coaster ride, but I’m incredibly excited to get the truck and admire your team’s great work.

John Jones
    Keymaster

I understand Mike…. late Lunch at Roosters sounds great to me…  Well get you in and out and back on that road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You’ll be up all night on pure adrenaline!!!!!!!!!! 😎  Bullet run from and to Dallas,,  😎  I know another guy I wish would do that….. 😎  😎

John Jones
    Keymaster

DC is looking GREAT over there today!!!!!! 😎  The guys are going to be soooo close to done today!!!!! 😎

Vwfool
    Participant

Mike, your truck is badass. Love the details they have put into it. You’re gonna love it. Pictures online don’t do it justice.

John Jones
    Keymaster

Guys are fighting all the little headache shit today… but looking good, and winning the fight!!!!! 😎  😎  after market bumper, new corner, you know… well… Unless you have done it you don’t know.. Assembly is a bitch…. 😎

I did see lights working and engine running earlier… I think they are waiting to actually drive it till it’s actually DONE!

DSCF9022DSCF9023DSCF9024

John Jones
    Keymaster

First test drive happened….  Franz said it was a great first drive!!!  Doing first round of adjustments now… starting with that shifter… 😎

DSCF9042DSCF9040

Franz
    Keymaster

Badass!

Franz
    Keymaster

How badly do you want those hubcap emblems painted?

I just spent a minute brushing some white on the VW and wiped it off because I was not happy with the lines…I can do better if I concentrate harder, but it will take a few hours.

I remember there was a guy who was selling a decal that fit perfectly.

C.Hamburg
    Participant

I remember there was a guy who was selling a decal that fit perfectly.

I got mine from Shane6 at a swap meet a while back, looks like he doesn’t have any current ads for them. Guy in Hawaii named Gumby has a current ad for them on Samba.

mdubg
    Participant

Great job on getting this thing on the road.  So stoked!

Based on this thread on TS (halfway down the page), the DC’s had sharp corners and a slightly different bumper the first couple years.  (https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=545000&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=bumper&start=800)  Might explain the fitment challenges.  They solved it by trimming the bumpers, but I’m sure y’all found a solution.

How badly do you want those hubcap emblems painted? I just spent a minute brushing some white on the VW and wiped it off because I was not happy with the lines…I can do better if I concentrate harder, but it will take a few hours. I remember there was a guy who was selling a decal that fit perfectly.

Franz, don’t worry about the emblems on the hubcaps.  I will either get those decals or paint them myself. It will give me a little project to do.  Don’t spend the time.

Bodgoco
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>What a build KCW!</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Mike if you roll this thing through Durango and need some road food I’ll have the crew run it out to you so you can keep on trucking!</p>

Rustabus
    Participant

🙂 Awesome!!!!! 🙂

Jeremy
    Participant

What he said!!^^^

Rustabus
    Participant

Did I say that??? 😉 I meant AWESOME!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

mdubg
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>What a build KCW!</p> <p style=”text-align: left;”>Mike if you roll this thing through Durango and need some road food I’ll have the crew run it out to you so you can keep on trucking!</p>

The build literally couldn’t have happened without your parts contributions.  Thank you again!

The Google has me going through Gunnison on 50->25->87…  I looked up heading to Durango to grab a bite and say thanks, but it says it’s over an hour and about 100 miles longer.  Not sure what’s the local knowledge on roads, conditions, and traffic, but it doesn’t look like I’ll roll thru on this trip.  I’ll still owe you a case of beer.  Thanks again!

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 859 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.