Home Forums Bullshit Maddie's '85 Weekender

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Heyoo everyone! My name is Maddie and I’m Willy’s friend, hence the Kula pic. I just purchased a 1985 Vanagon Weekender from a lesbian couple in the military so I could live the van life. I just took it to a shop here in San Diego called California Westy and got some ROUGH news back about the status of the engine. Head gasket needs replaced and more looking at about $2800 to fix her up. It’s pretty much FCKD.

The shop does Subaru conversions and wondering if its worth while to just invest in the conversion now (gonna run ~15k). Does that sound right?

Help a homie out with some advice and feel free to call me a dumbass for not getting it checked more thoroughly…

IMG_7188IMG_7189IMG_7190IMG_7191IMG_7192IMG_9032IMG_0932IMG_1147IMG_4055IMG_6982IMG_7096IMG_9032

Participant

Hey Maddie,

sorry to hear about your problems..

you should take a look through the forum and find the subie thread. Last time I spoke with Andym he was like 1/3 of the price you got quoted including the motor…stand up guy too.

WillyWilly

I was thinking the same thing Mark… We need Andy over here!

Maddie, you’re really not pulling this “not a lesbian” thing off very well. You and Gianni look like you might be dating…

Punk kid

Participant

I’ll echo what Mark said – contact Andy for your Subaru swap.ย  I think his website is http://www.subisquared.com, his IG is @subisquared.ย  I think he’s in Modesto.ย  He’ll probably chime in himself on this thread soon.

Participant

Yup, talk to Andy before you do anything. He did one for KCW a short while ago. Came all the way to Colorado to do it. He loves these conversions.

Participant

you are not a dumbass, just learn from your mistakes ๐Ÿ™‚

The rest of the guys are right, Andy is the man and he will chime in shortly. His cell number is listed in another one of subie bullshit posts i think

Subaru conversion is cool and all…but I don’t think its worth the headaches and extra $$. They do make more power and will make your vanagon haul ass.

But not more reliable than the stock waterboxer engine.

Also, consider The Subaru engine will most likely be used -100,000 miles plus.

Participant

Thanks everyone for the feed back. Got ahold of Andy but he was busy ATM so will talk later.

Just so happens I drove a Subaru WRX before getting this van so I’m pro conversion…. just not for 15k, ya feel?

Participant

Yeah Iโ€™m getting fit for a dam wedding!! Yโ€™all remember Bret…heโ€™s all in love n shit.

$15k that would be awesome if I could charge that much!!! Do 1/3 the work and equal the same money!

Thanks everyone for for giving me a shout out, I appreciate it. Iโ€™ll put a thermostat in this swap. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

WillyWilly

I’m not 100% sure on the latest, but it sounds like this pile is going to make its way up to Andy’s here shortly…

It pays to really inspect vehicles before you buy them!

Punk kid

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.