Home Forums KCW Current Projects Kelly's forever barndoor project

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 341 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This bus hauls ass! Super cool bus. Glad you’re getting in some KCW time Rusty!

John Jones
    Keymaster

It’s alive again!!!!  But some ass munch broke the ignition switch….  so I gotta take that shit apart and fix that next….  damnit! this bus loves me.. 😎  Thats why it has been here soooooo long…. 😎

Willy

It’s gonna be like losing a member of the family when it finally goes away!!!

John Jones
    Keymaster

Back on the rack…. been checking this, hooking that up etc… working on some e brake cables now.. I’m close to something…  Hooked up heater tubes and box controls… but still need the pipe up front that goes over the bean…  wait… maybe we have that somewhere around here…. humm   I am not overly worried about heat in this here Dallas bound Barndoor… 😎  But I think I have the stuff…..

Panels… need to start on insulation and panels this week!!!  WTF are we gonna figure on that roof….. hummm…

Franz
    Keymaster

There are new 64/67 e brake cables on the empi wall

John Jones
    Keymaster

I’ve got e brakes sorted…. Now paint my parts I made up and re install… and then fix that ignition… and then drive the fuck out of it!!!!!!!

Corporate
    Keymaster

Looks here!!!! I found the right thread!!!!

😳😳😳😳😳😳 Ooooppppps🤪

B0CAB1D2-840D-44AA-A370-F12770164746

I love going on adventures in our bus!!!

John Jones
    Keymaster

I found a sloppy as all fuck pitman arm.. so I added two shims and tightened  er up good.. this baby is going to be all tight again!

Gonna tear apart the pod and see if I can fix the ignition in this rig…  Then mount some seats down..

Kelly… I think the best plan on your interior panels is to wait and get Clara to make you a kit thats like original..  I don’t want to mess around and waste time figuring it out and it not even be right…    So maybe I can be done with this rig this weekend… 😎

Franz
    Keymaster

Greg Nobel and I decided earlier that there are no known examples of a headliner in a BD Uber Kombi panel kit (unlike 55+ kits). VW likely didn’t provide the headliner panels due to the complex shape of the cab roof.

I’d say rip out that crap that Doug glued in and call it good.

John Jones
    Keymaster

I agree!!!!   😎  Got the ignition apart…. Broken plastic piece that couples the contact and the key…  Must have had a “bad” spot.. and got forced.. 8-(

I might be able to find one… fingers crossed..

Hope to get this window back in today also!!!  Small goals, with big results today!!!!  😎

DSCF8821DSCF8820

John Jones
    Keymaster

well I found a bag of old pod parts. and found two of those plastic things…  both were broke on one side..  but you only need one side ,,, so I put one in and it worked…. Like a charm…. 😎   Got those pain in the arse kick panels back in and took it for a drive!!!!!!  Drives perfect… Brakes perfect, Hauls ass, shit works as it should..

My glass is here!!!  I am gonna assemble that now!!! and NOT open those windows.. this is number 4 piece of glass I want to say…  I inspected things.. looks like everything is correct and what not… I suspect it could be from people driving it with a safari partially open, or trying to open or shut the window with a wing nut tight…   Just becarefull and treat em like they are fragile, very fragile….  😎  😎

Window, seats.. drive to Texas!!!!!  😎

DSCF8823DSCF8824DSCF8826DSCF8825DSCF8827DSCF8828DSCF8829DSCF8831DSCF8830DSCF8833DSCF8834DSCF8835DSCF8836DSCF8837DSCF8838DSCF8840

John Jones
    Keymaster

Got that DAMNED window back in.. I had to do it like 5 fucking times.. Thanks for the help Corporate!!!

The Barndoor is mechanically and visually defect free!!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!    Getting there.. ONE FUCKING THING AT A TIME!!!!!!

Seats tomorrow.. Then Kelly, please please please please come get it…. 😎 😎

Willy

Whoah this is wild…. doesn’t feel like real life 🤯

Rustabus
    Participant

Uh Oh!!!! If this goes to Texas my Split is the only Grandpa takin up space at KCW!!!!!😳

John Jones
    Keymaster

We are getting some seats in now…. a cruise later on… 😎  I contacted Kelly…. I hope he can come soon and start enjoying this rig.. it’s so dialed in… ready to enjoy!!!!!

Pics later..  we were figuring out earlier.. this bus has been here since 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 341 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.