Home Forums Bullshit KCW randomness

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 4291 through 4305 (of 4315 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Buggies are cool!!! Runner?

Yep. Supposed to be a minor hot rod engine. Originally out of California.

alykat
    Participant

Yeah! Them Cadillac buggies are super rare!

Yeah. I’m thinking I might be replacing that early on. Might take some time though.  Can’t get it on the garage (full of stuff for the animals) and has been raining just about since I unloaded it. Still uncertain of just what I want to do with it.

alykat
    Participant

Needs a Northstar motor.

Needs a lot of things I don’t have time, money, or qualifications  to  do.

John Jones

John, just gonna flip it then?

John Jones

Saw that Ryan Rodriguez won another short course race and Donnie Donovan got second..👍🏻

alykat
    Participant

John, just gonna flip it then?

Not certain. These are a lot of fun (had a couple down the line) but I hate the idea of needing to wrap it up in tarps for the winter as I have no inside place to store it and open air driving this time of year sucks. Also still working on getting the Bugatti kit streetable  and with my hand problems everything takes 10 times longer than it should. I guess if I could turn a reasonable profit I’d let it go, but at the moment I keep thinking about how much fun it will be next summer.

John Jones

John… I would love to help you out….  it would make my day to see you cruising around in a vw😁😁😁😁😁😁. Of any sort!!!!

alykat
    Participant

John… I would love to help you out…. it would make my day to see you cruising around in a vw😁😁😁😁😁😁. Of any sort!!!!

Thanks John. I know you would, and I really appreciate it. Days like this I really miss the old horse barn. No electricity and no heat, but it did have a concrete floor and a roof  so I could store stuff inside and not be working in the dirt. Plus all the parking space outside. I have been slowly trying to work a deal on a T3 driver, so we will see how that goes.

Franz

Chris Schwartz in B.C. Canada assembled his Ruiz Okrasa with Porsche linkage and tin that we detailed for him. Looks gorgeous! Inspired by Pete’s Karmann build.

AE1BFBE7-91AE-4EF3-869F-34C4D9DD68DD8E35CD1E-1140-4230-8340-236C77621684A0C22A14-78CE-4585-BF03-1C3602BD82DCBAF9646F-DB97-4360-A652-C566E783D8AB

BBWB
    Participant

Beauty! Same colored , cloth covered wire I use on my old XS650.

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

Pete
    Participant

That turned out great!

WAY2COOL
    Participant

Hey Pete …gotta feel good that you now have a benchmark motor

KIM
    Test Pilot @ Submarine Airways

Pete
    Participant

All credit goes to Franz and his vision!  Stuff like the 356 linkage, fuel pump, filter & coil bracket, along with lots of other details….none of that was ever on my radar.  That man can do amazing things when you stay out of his way!

I installed my engine almost 3 years ago to the day…October 10, 2018.  About 14,000 miles on it since, and I still love it.  62* F this morning, high today of 78* F, no chance of rain.  The Ghia is sitting in the parking lot outside my office right now.  Snapped this photo over the past weekend…it’s aging well I’d say:

10.2021a

Franz

Thanks Pete. Chris wanted you to see it. He is in love with your ghia.

John Jones

We have another guest at the KCW ranch.  Sara…  she’s hanging out till Coles wedding on the  23rd this month!

Viewing 15 posts - 4291 through 4305 (of 4315 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.