Home Forums Bullshit KCW randomness

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 2481 through 2500 (of 3821 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Also this was the bees-knees:

5E6F5028-47BF-48CA-8528-8E867AE6655D162FE9FF-1884-4F22-AD9C-78F552A8BA1D0BE3B452-C0E0-460F-97A2-5D45720902F3308E3B38-A77F-46E9-B800-1072CE9AE4E26F5FE619-5605-4797-8B41-EE0A3365F522

Bodgoco
    Participant

Saw the original at the Porsche effect at the Peterson in LA. The amount of time involved in recreating that car is amazing! Awesome metalwork.

Pete
    Participant

Owner said it took him 21 sheets of aluminum to make it, all gas welded and planished.  The seams are slightly visible to the eye because they’re a different color, if you look for them, otherwise you can find no evidence that panels have been welded.  It’s unbelievably smooth,   Apparently this guy is much sought after in Porsche circles for the super-rare restos like 550 Spyders and whatnot.

Bodgoco
    Participant

IMG_30754cam 550 spyder engine. With a skill set like that I get why people want his work!

Pete
    Participant
    Kleake
    Participant

Man a guy goes out in the desert camping for a week, and it’s hard to catch up with everything. Hope all goes well Franz . I busted my left foot skydiving.

jp
    Participant

Beauty of an engine!  Since we’re talking Pcars… I got mine up and running too.

back2back1back3

jkh
    Participant

Denny Akers seattle wa. cool guy….

IMG_2304+Medium+1257536193

John Jones
    Keymaster

Denny Akers seattle wa. cool guy…. IMG_2304+Medium+1257536193

That looks super ballin…..  I bet it scoots too…. 😎

What a great weekend around here… Quite chill….  😎   Drove my dually, cookout at Robs, watched some super cross..  Rode my chopper a few times around town… Fixed a bunch of shit on my pamper.. ebrake, horn, speedo cable, lube, valves, carbs, points, all adjusted… she’s prepped and ready!!!   AND I got started on Bairds bus  where my old buds rubbed busses in moab… 😎  Shit happens out in the desert when your having fun!!!  Just have fun, fix what gets fucked up and have MORE fun… 😎

John Jones
    Keymaster

a little birdie told me some one in Hesperia bought something… 😎  Open trailer going from Hesperia towards cali…. Rusty, maybe you should ship all your broke shit up here…8-)  not that I really want that, but it’s an oppurtunity! 😎

jp
    Participant

Nooo Rusty is my hero!  Never sell anything! 🙂

Rustabus
    Participant

Fake News!!!! Keep the Faith!!!  But I would like to unload a Thing!!!! 😉 😉 🙂

John Jones
    Keymaster

I got confused… he just said hesperia.. He meant california, I thought colorado… 😎  opps… 😎  I was for sure Jeff had bought something else!!!! 😎

weather is sooooooo nice out!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday Pat and I got to talking…   KCW has gotten bussier.  Volkswagens have gotten more popular.  There are fewer and fewer people who know what they are really doing on this old stuff…  Fewer shops than ever…    I think in an effort to serve our already existing customers, it’s going to be hard to find time to take in NEW customers…. 😎  If your already in the family… Your a lucky person…. 😎 😎  You can always get work done here…. 😎

Franz
    Keymaster

Shoot, everybody has an Instagram shop these days.

I’d say the hobby in general has grown 25% in the last 10 years. Especially with the popularity(value) of buses.

The Brit’s are buying junk halfway around the world.

John Jones
    Keymaster

instagram…. Insta shop…. Insta success…. Insta badd ass…. Funny…   Thats why I still maintain my OWN website.    When instagram has gone to the way side…. I’ll still have my own shit…  I try to funnel people to the website…  Hell… I haven’t posted a working picture in forever… 😎  I want people to know this is much more than a job… Much more than a hobby…   Life style… 😎  What I and we do…  18 years of consistent, predictable, reliable service!!!  In the same place, and never to move… 😎  a compound… where everything can happen under one roof… 😎

Been slow and quite around here…  Same ol same though… Working on what ever is next… getting projects done and making people smile. 😎

Kleake
    Participant

Good morning everyone 😎😎😎 how is the foot doing Franz ?

John Jones
    Keymaster

Good morning everyone 😎😎😎 how is the foot doing Franz ?

No hurry Franz… But I am sure your ready to get out of the house!!!!!  😎

Franz
    Keymaster

The ankle is healing. Getting better everyday. I’m a dumbass. I could have avoided all this.

…but I don’t want to live like that. For the one time I got bit, I’ve had 100 high-fives to my soul…you know that feeling when you perfectly nail a ski line, or get a good 1/4 mile pass, or get 300 likes on an Instagram(haha)? Riding jumps is just like that. Doing a sick whip or table and pumping into the landing perfectly. Nothing like it. As soon as I’m strong enough I’ll be right back hitting that same jump for redemption.

ColeB

I agree. I used to use social media a lot more and it is a time suck. I’d rather spend time on sites like this interacting with people that I see in real life. Id rather build the real relationships.

Social media is causing a lot of depression and suicides in people my age and younger. Social media can be good, but it causes a lot of pain too.

jkh
    Participant
Viewing 20 posts - 2481 through 2500 (of 3821 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.