Home Forums KCW Current Projects Juan’s 59 Lowlight

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 840 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I found my problem…. I read it on the internet!!!! 😎

“There is further evidence that this loss of ambition has more to do with our natural life patterns than with anything having to do with an aversion to work itself. Research consistently shows that people peak in happiness at ages 18 and 82, and hit a nadir of unhappiness at age 46 (or what is commonly known as the mid-life crisis).”

Dario
    Participant

I have to watch when you install tachometer on this Franz, I’m wanting to wire one in the baja.

Pete
    Participant

Juan….since you’re doing a stock resto I thought I’d share in case you had any interest.  This is a pretty slick battery box:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=717261&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Juan 59 DDWT
    Participant

Thanks Pete for the information,.. I`d like to buy 3 of them, you know the Optima Battery works alot of better and not risk of leaking

Pete
    Participant

Agreed on the Optima; I have moved mine and it’s laying flat under my rear seat.  I’m going to get one of these boxes in case there’s ever a desire to return it to the stock location.

I see a Samba member LookVW posted that they were interested in 3….is that you?  If not I can add yours to mine so the person making them has an accurate count for figuring his pricing on them.

Juan 59 DDWT
    Participant

yes Pete,.. I`m LookVW,…👍👍

volksaddict
    Participant

Love the 6v optima. That battery box is nice candy too.

John Jones
    Keymaster

Juan….. we got your chrome back…. just an fyi… 😎

Juan 59 DDWT
    Participant

Thanks John 👍

Juan 59 DDWT
    Participant

Nice Car and many good accessories,… 👍

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2281719

John Jones
    Keymaster

I think I have Douglas interested in hanging a headliner in your car…   Cause I want to get to putting the body on the pan… and I know he would rather stand up than sit on the pan and do the headliner… 😎

Gonna paint some bumpers for Mike.. then….  😎

Yup… time to get my head into this ghia… some wiring…. some gauges.. some switches…

John Jones
    Keymaster

Got it uncovered and pushed out in the sun..  Got all them parts out from under it…  It’s time for me to wrap my head around working on this rig..

Doug brought some Jute over for the headliner insulation… I am gonna dig out headliner bows for him and start pulling that wiring harness in that new tube we had to run front to back…   I do recalll Juan wanting a tach wire… I will see if I can snake one in there with the harness…. 😎

Knowing Juan, I bet all his gauges are already redone..  soon to see.. 😎

DSCF8962DSCF8961DSCF8963

Andym
    Participant

Man this car is badass…I love the paint job!

Do something

Juan 59 DDWT
    Participant

Happy to see my project in the scene, yes me too love the paint job and the color. 😀😎

John Jones
    Keymaster

I couldn’t find any headliner bows in your stuff…   So I pulled some out of one of mine..  There are 3 different lengths of bow, and 4 bows..

I have everything ready forDoug to do a headliner…. 😎  I better get a dome light wire pulled up there…. 😎

Scott Sain
    Participant

I need to do a Ghia headliner too. Can I bring mine out and let him do a 2 for 1 special? I am so not looking forward to pulling all the glass and seals out!

Juan 59 DDWT
    Participant

I couldn’t find any headliner bows in your stuff… So I pulled some out of one of mine.. There are 3 different lengths of bow, and 4 bows.. I have everything ready forDoug to do a headliner…. 😎 I better get a dome light wire pulled up there…. 😎

John,.. The original headliner Bows were packed in a carton tube or long case (wraped with the original headliner), must be around the area where you have the rear seat or seat frames. 🧐

Have a Good Day everyone!

John Jones
    Keymaster

Sweet…  I’ll find em.. I bet they are on the clean shop loft…

if Douglas wants to do this headliner..  makes sure to pull dome light wires up the a pillar…  thanks..

John Jones
    Keymaster

Well.. Douglas came through this weekend..  Insulation and headliner INSTALLED!!!  Time for me to wire this baby up!!!!  I’m gonna be on this full time I think for a bit…. 😎

stay tuned Juan….  Wiring, glass, parts on, body on, not much after that,, some carpet and seats….,8-)

DSCF8968DSCF8969

Juan 59 DDWT
    Participant

WOW,.. Good Job Doug 👏👏👏, Sound Perfect John,.. 👍🤩😎

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 840 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.