Home Forums Bullshit JJ's projects

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 1301 through 1320 (of 1497 total)
  • Author

Well on Tuesday John and I pulled the motor, got it stripped down, cleaned the tins and other things, and about got the new motor stacked.Β  Yesterday (Wednesday) I finished assembling the motor and John finished up getting the carbs rebuilt. Around 5pm we got the motor on the run stand and got it up and running and broke in the cam.Β  This 2007cc sounds good!Β  Sorry about the photos being out of order (still trying to figure out how to select photos on my phone and have them post in the order I want them to post)

IMG_20200825_201150IMG_20200825_122045IMG_20200825_201154IMG_20200825_122104IMG_20200825_201203MVIMG_20200825_201247IMG_20200826_180151

mtnbus
    Participant

Nice work !

motivating for me !

Franz
    Keymaster

Ready to rip! Does it have a type e approved deck height and cam? 😁

John Jones
    Keymaster

I doubt I am at Type E specs just yet….Β  😎  Β If I can’t make this one last… I am going to give him a try…. 😎 😎  I still have great trust for my painters motors…Β  Them guys have always done me right and always got me home!!!Β  😎

Did 2nd break in run this morning and drained oil…. fill her up with some vr1 and tune after I run the valves. 😎  😎  I checked em this morning and they were still good… 😎

smaller stroke, smaller p/c’s smaller heads and smaller cam and smaller carbs… 😎  Less power, less heat…. 😎

John Jones
    Keymaster

Oh… Doc said I can do up to 25 pounds now… and not to worry about bending over and shit… He said the area they fused…. is good to go and would be hard to mess up… 😎  Β But no exercise or rehab or anything..Β  😎  He said be carefull, but start living…

Franz
    Keymaster

Good news! What did he have to say about jumping dune buggies? Haha

Wren
    Participant

Good to hear you are doing way better Jones!

westypoo

Tonight we got JJ’s bus wrapped up. She’s back on the road and officially ready for a camp trip. I will say it was a lot of fun and super chill getting to hang with John, bullshit and work along on the bus.Β  Sorry I didn’t nab any pics, but I think John got a few as I was working getting the motor back in. Happy camping to the Jones’s. Hoping this motor will provide lots of reliable miles for the Pamper!

WAY2COOL
    Participant

Good news on both fronts John

Ready ,steady….go

KIM
    Test Pilot @ Submarine Airways

John Jones
    Keymaster

I’m fucking stoked!!!!!Β  My freedom vehicle is back to 100% road worthy…. and the temps are starting to creep down… 😎  Sounds like another long ass road trip and camping in my future…. 😎  I have 73 nights already this year…. 100 should be easy to hit!!!!!!Β  😎  😎  😎  I think we had 60 something last year….Β  this year will be hard to top… 😎

Sand rail is working it’s way up my list now… 😎  I also talked to Blaine yesterday about…Β  That old man built the fastest sand rail around these parts… so I am asking for his guidance!!! 😎

John Jones
    Keymaster

ready for a road trip… Corporate said something about helping me clean out my busses and help load for another trip…. 😎

My favorite sticker… 😎

DSCF1324

DSCF1311DSCF1310DSCF1313DSCF1312DSCF1314DSCF13150

DSCF1323

Von_hansel
    Participant

Β I have 73 nights already this year…. 100 should be easy to hit!!!!!! 😎 😎 😎 😎

Impressive! You are my hero!!!

I thought I was big ballin with 20 nights in my bus lolz

John Jones
    Keymaster

I have 73 nights already this year…. 100 should be easy to hit!!!!!! 😎😎😎😎

Impressive! You are my hero!!! I thought I was big ballin with 20 nights in my bus lolz

LOL LOL LOL

ColeB

Looks good! How’d it drive? Still move ok with the smaller motor?

Willy

Heck yeah! Nice work guys! Let’s get something in the works. I sent Corporate some shots I took from a little trip to the Flat Tops and Aspen. Lots of cool stuff out there and barely saw any other people. Found a PERFECT spot for a big group up an ATV trail. Super secluded and beautiful.

Brian E
    Participant

Good work!

The specs look rather similar to the first VW engine I built.

Bare minimum put an oil temp dipstick in there.Β  I wont send an engine out without one unless I know they have a gauge in the car.Β  Better to see a problem before it becomes a real problem.Β  They are cheap, super easy, and work quite well.

Brian

Pat K
    Keymaster

Good work! The specs look rather similar to the first VW engine I built. Bare minimum put an oil temp dipstick in there. I wont send an engine out without one unless I know they have a gauge in the car. Better to see a problem before it becomes a real problem. They are cheap, super easy, and work quite well. Brian

We call those anxiety gauges. Β not saying it’s a bad idea, but it will make you worry a ton more.

We will build it if it comes.

Brian E
    Participant

I guess I would rather have a quick look and know everything is OK, or know I need to slow down a bit rather than wait till it is way too hot and doing damage unknowingly.Β  Maybe the no gauge thing falls under the “ignorance is bliss” category?Β  πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

By the time it smells hot….it’s already way too hot…

Brian

mtnbus
    Participant

I have a “worry light” in my 59DD. 2175cc

It works well and has probably saved me a few times

volksaddict
    Participant

Seems like a good idea, most every acvw is running hot these days. Good to have a reminder.

glad to hear you are back to getting around John!

Viewing 20 posts - 1301 through 1320 (of 1497 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.