Home Forums Bullshit JJ's projects

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 832 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I have been running my timing more like stock for a long while now.. thinking less advance is cooler running.. but… I bet I was doing the opposite to mine by running it lower than 30 max or 10 idle….  woopsy..  😎 😎

Jb
    Participant

Absolutely! I’ve driven my 55 around with no main stacks in it just idles for tuning and find the transmission. It lets you know when tipping into the mains real quick but can get into 4th gear if granny it.  Is The beauty of IDAs is can tune the idle jet “holder” it’s like air corrector of the idle circ. I still have to tune the kombi more….there’s more in it,  not that it needs to be faster🤐

Jb
    Participant

Having a lazy advance down low makes you throw fuel at it with a fat jet to cover up the lean condition caused by ignition. It’s a snowball. My bus has too big an idle in it right now…I’ve just been too busy to tune.

Wayner
    Participant

Driving with main stack removed on DRLA’s is also how you can isolate the idle circuit from main. Lean it out until it won’t run then back up a step. Then you can tune your main circuit with wideband for WOT.  Smooth transition between the circuits. Main air correctors are the fun ones to tune….wind it out 😎

On the ignition side, it’s similar to the 009, you set your total timing (but vacuum unhooked and plugged) to what you want  ie 30 BTDC. Then with the vacuum hooked back up, at part throttle you will prob see 45+ degrees total advance, but full throttle/under load only up to your 30 degree setting.

John Jones
    Keymaster

Ok… I am drinking the koolaid… distributor and the doodad on the way…. 😎    I don’t know if I am gonna get all “WIDE BAND” on it though.. 😎

Engine is in, ready to roll… Thinking maybe a run up to Telluride again this weekend… Awesome free place to camp, awesome area… Take the baja… ALPINE LOOP!!!!!  😎

Corporate
    Keymaster

21ED568A-F312-452E-A5B2-2FDD1F292704

I love going on adventures in our bus!!!

Pete
    Participant

I don’t know if I am gonna get all “WIDE BAND” on it though.. 😎

Aw, come on…..it’s not like you have to permanently wire it in.  Use it as a tool to figure your timing and jetting, then put it away.  With all the mods you’ve done why guess on your timing and jetting when you’re sooooo close to getting peak mpg and lowest temps.

Wayner
    Participant

Ok… I am drinking the koolaid… distributor and the doodad on the way…. 😎 I don’t know if I am gonna get all “WIDE BAND” on it though.. 😎 Engine is in, ready to roll… Thinking maybe a run up to Telluride again this weekend… Awesome free place to camp, awesome area… Take the baja… ALPINE LOOP!!!!! 😎

hell yea buddy! You will be a happy camper soon! I can send you my wideband if you don’t have access to one. Use it and bring it back when you come to the classic. Did tiger weld a O2 bung in your header? I have the tailpipe connector if not. It’s easy, I extended the cable, just need a 12v cig lighter for power. Clamp down the cable up to the front, plug in and start tuning.

or maybe we’ll cruise up there for the weekend and go to telluride with you 😎

Dario
    Participant

Ok… 😎 Engine is in, ready to roll… Thinking maybe a run up to Telluride again this weekend… Awesome free place to camp, awesome area… Take the baja… ALPINE LOOP!!!!! 😎

hell yea buddy! …maybe we’ll cruise up there for the weekend and go to telluride with you 😎

Let’s get a group of campers and bajas together… Jesse what are you and family doing this weekend..? Dan and his turbo sand rail? Would be fun to do something close to home on the last long weekend of summer.

Corporate
    Keymaster

Little Baja maintenance….

EA12E323-2704-4C60-95FE-444D19935E2F376B4DE2-719D-4FEA-8EF5-1CD736130343

John Jones
    Keymaster

My bus tows like a Peter built…… My bus rocks, my baja climbs rocks!!!!  Camping rocks!!!  Colorado rocks, and is full of rocks!!!!!

Wayner
    Participant

A8D231D4-31AC-4A06-88D6-A84E68ED8DAC

Two very impressive vehicles for sure. That Baja always amazes me at all the things it can and will do.  💣💣

John Jones
    Keymaster

A8D231D4-31AC-4A06-88D6-A84E68ED8DAC Two very impressive vehicles for sure. That Baja always amazes me at all the things it can and will do. 💣💣

Thanks wayner.. I like this pic of my rig!!!! Who woulda thought I would be towing Baja’s with a camper bus!!!! 😎 You need a baja!!!!

Another reason I am such an advocate of light weight is… I tow it with my bus…. 😎 and I think that is sooo cool…. 😎

Corporate
    Keymaster

Mama’s getting a sissy bar and serious foot pegs!!!!!!😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

6C6D3DB3-2CA2-4234-8C8F-ED64C5509CDEC4F7BCED-93B1-4D9D-968D-BFF0D1170D9C

ColeB
    Participant

Yes!!! I see a lot of comfy rides in your future! 5AD2F398-CBBA-4C78-8EFD-1737EBD56B50CC64D791-1CE9-4B45-B939-E8CB9E7AD013

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 832 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.