Home Forums Bullshit JJ's projects

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1437 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Thanks to all for your kind words and thoughts..  The last couple of days have been tough for me..  Sunday night I about broke down.. Not getting out of bed Tuesday was like being in the twilight zone to me.. I slept most the day and had the weirdest dreams and shit….     I feel like a beat down giant.. a dethroned king.. and beat down warrior….   Vulnerable, weak…   this is going to be a hard transition for me..  Thank goodness I was able to get all my shit paid off before this happened…  My overhead has decreased significantly.. and my guys can handle the work load..

To top it all off.. I had to get a tooth pulled today… thats been killing me for years…. but I kept putting it off till my tooth was infected… dumbass…  Hell, getting that damn bad tooth out my jaw might make everything a little bit better.. 😎

I have an MRI scheduled for 12-31-19.  Then we can see what has me pinched so bad I can’t walk on my right leg anymore..  It hurts like hell to walk 10 feet.. and then it lasts for like 10 minutes after I sit down….

John Jones
    Keymaster

FUCK BACK PAIN!!!!!

So if you did pre surgery all over again would you have them cut on it? I’ve only done physical therapy, chiropractic, and many cortisone shots.

Well… I feel like I am right back where I was 5-6 year ago… but worse…  I felt better after every surgery…  so I assume.. when I have surgery again… I will be able to walk again…  I wish they didn’t have to keep going in there..    I think my next surgery is a big ass 4 level fusion… rods, and everything lined up and spaced right and held in place….   But we will see what they say….

Rustabus
    Participant

Damn, Super Sucks!!!!! 🙁 🙁 🙁

C.Hamburg
    Participant

Thanks for your insight. I pinched a nerve, shooting fucking pain on tuesday night, tried to go to work the next day, but there wasn’t gonna be no ladder climbin, bending down, crawing through sails or superstructures going for me. been laid up since. went and got some steroid shots, but they dont seem to be doing shit. trying not to go to the cut my back up route.

Good luck I hope they can get ya right.

Franz
    Keymaster

You’ll be alright Cory. I have nerve root impingement and S1/L5. Crazy sciatic pain burning pain when it happened in 2016. I do all the stretches and stuff they told me to do two or three times everyday. I’m careful about how I’m doing things now… lifting, twisting/hunching my back, and being on my feet/working for too long. It took me a good year to start to feel normal again.

It still bothers me a little, but I would say I’m near 100%.  Like you, I was looking at microdiscectomy to get myself fixed, but decided against it after they told me it would make my spine weaker. The doc also told me a herniated disc will eventually shrink and fix itself if you give it the chance.

C.Hamburg
    Participant

Thanks Franz, Makes me feel better about this shit. I’ve been dealing with it since the end of 2015.  But tuesday nights pain was on another whole new level.  all I did was bend down to pick up the damn air hose and I twisted around to get back to work and that’s when it happened. Like you I try to be more careful how I do things.  I’ll probably tray and hang upside down more. Never heard that herniated discs can shrink. There’s hope.

Pete
    Participant

Discs can retract with PT and shots.  However over time some injured discs can form bone spurs on them which gives them a hard surface, making retraction of future herniations less likely.  If you have this it shows on an MRI as bone over the disc.  Ask me how I know…..

Hope all you had back guys get some relief soon.

Jb
    Participant

I had the same on my L5/S1 disk….years of exacrusiating sciatic nerve pain, loss of leg control, you feel absolutely feeble! Sucks for guys who are so use to kicking ass! I tried to get it better for 3-4 years until broke and had a microdicectimy on it…..was best descision for me, instant relief!! Hell I think we rescued my Kombi 5-6 days after surgery, still had bandages on incision chopping trees down to get it out haha

I hurt it again in the spring humping full size nitrogen tanks around. This time is one disk up, L4/L5 not as bad as last time, not even close but still bugging me after months of a 6 hr day physio rehab program. They sending me to see neurosurgeon again 🙄 I work on Navy ships packing shit up and down ladders, that’s when it bugs me when I load up carrying shit.

All this shit is peanuts compared to the pain JJ is living😳😳 I feel for you buddy, you’re a badass Jones! Get better and take it the fuck easy homie! We need you upright for upcoming road trips bro!

John Jones
    Keymaster

Interesting discussion..  Corey I was just thinking about you the other day… 😎  Bummer to hear your hurt now.. Damn… Another one of the good one’s.. injured…  You guys remember Kelly Brown??  MetWiz..   he had to stop doing what he was doing because of Lung problems if I remember right??  Breathing in all that crud you breath in doing metal and rust and body paint work… All horrible shit for you, all GREAT shit for your cars!!! 😎  I wonder what Kelly did with himself? anyone out there know?

I’m gonna work on my fenders from my chair and try move them forward.. 😎  My truck looks stupid without them…. 😎

C.Hamburg
    Participant

I see Kelly from time to time at the VW shows. Not sure what he’s been up to.

volksaddict
    Participant

You guys remember Kelly Brown??  MetWiz..   he had to stop doing what he was doing because of Lung problems if I remember right??  Breathing in all that crud you breath in doing metal and rust and body paint work…

Yeah I think of that guy from time to time… had to quit this dirty work to stay alive, copd I think…

John Jones
    Keymaster

This wheel chair has been my saving grace!!!  It has brought my pan level down to a zero!!!  As long as I stay off my right leg… I feel great!  So if a wheel chair stops the pain, is it worth it to avoid surgery again, and probably a big ass fusion??  But I bet a fusion will put me back on my feet….????

John Jones
    Keymaster

I love me slammed fucking trucks!!!!!!  ALWAYS have… 😎

I’m about to POLY!!!

DSCF9489

HARD AS FUCK!

DSCF9490

New to me tailgate and roll pan really cleans up the back….

DSCF9498DSCF9501

I love the way the bumper looks from the back side.. it finishes nice with that stock fender filler.

Baja Mark
    Participant

This wheel chair has been my saving grace!!! It has brought my pan level down to a zero!!! As long as I stay off my right leg… I feel great! So if a wheel chair stops the pain, is it worth it to avoid surgery again, and probably a big ass fusion?? But I bet a fusion will put me back on my feet….????

Damn JJ you’re going through it, but you always have a glass half full mentality; you’re an inspiration to us all – your work ethic and outlook on life I know has always been an inspiration to me and I’m sure many others. I know this is just another bump in the road for you – you’ll get through it and beat it into submission with the power of positivity alone. I’m proud to call you my friend.

Corporate

That was sooooooooo kind!  I agree, John is pretty dang AWESOME!!!

Today is our 29th anniversary!!!!  I am sooooo lucky to be married to by best friend and love of my life!!!  Luckiest girl in the world!  Thank you for all our great years together and many, many more!!!!!!😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

I love going on adventures in our bus!!!

Franz
    Keymaster

Happy anniversary.

Kleake
    Participant

Happy  anniversary

volksaddict
    Participant

Oh hell yeah! Happy anniversary both of you!!

Dario
    Participant

🎊 HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 🎊

29 years is awesome!!!

RSP3
    Participant

Have a great day! Happy Anniversary! Enjoy!

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.