Home Forums Bullshit JJ's projects

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 997 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Fuck the body lift!!!!! How does it help???? You already ย nailed suspension lift to the point that it can romp over a 15X10โ€™ hill and kill every 4X4 trail out there!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ย  ๐Ÿ˜€ย  ๐Ÿ˜€

John Jones
    Keymaster

I would like to be able to do the dunes in my baja… but maybe I should just get a sand rail.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Look here…

https://denver.craigslist.org/snw/d/fibretech-sand-rail-2400-vw/6391413620.htmlย  aluminum 2400cc sand rail.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Vwfool
    Participant

I have a sand rail for you John

John Jones
    Keymaster

haaaaaaaaa

John Jones
    Keymaster

Will has been sleeping in my awesome comfortable pamper… I need to screw my wood.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  or maybe rivet.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kleake
    Participant

Full house ???

olaf Jonasson
    Participant

John,

Are you going to drive with those railings like that or are they removable or do they fold down onto the wood?

John Jones
    Keymaster

They don’t fold or come off….ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  Solid welded all around…ย  I made it as tall as I could and still make it in the dirty shop! and under my deck!

I want to put 4 dudes in lawn chair up there.. with 4 beers… and see if we can make it to Roosters without getting pulled over… ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Franz
    Keymaster

Drift wings.

BBWB
    Participant

JJ, you shouldย install a beetle hood up there like that Shasta bus a few years back. ๐Ÿ’ก

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

John Jones
    Keymaster

I thought about riveting aluminum on the sides… for stickers…. or SPONSORS!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ย maybe dimple die it?ย ย  ๐Ÿ’ก

olaf Jonasson
    Participant

Ha, The trip to Roosters sounds Awesome! I think the aluminum on the sides for stickers and sponsors could look really cool also.

John Jones
    Keymaster

My bus is quickly running to the top of my list of things I need to work on….ย  ย BBB is just around the corner!!!!

John Jones
    Keymaster

I hope all the energy is roaring towards my bus and it making it to the very tip top of my list today… I need to get to screwin.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ย and my engine bay still is full of MOAB red dirt…. ๐Ÿ™„ย  ๐Ÿ™„ย  ๐Ÿ™„ย  ๐Ÿ™„

68tintop
    Participant

John u want a hand screwing off!! That deck. Thatโ€™s what I am good at SCREWING OFF? hit me up. I am bored

John Jones
    Keymaster

I tuned my bus up, changed my pulley to that $80 Porsche pulley, it’s slightly smaller, supposed to give a little more fan speed…. ๐Ÿ˜ณย  ๐Ÿ˜ณย  ๐Ÿ˜ณ

We had our usual anniversary Red Lobster.. and headed to the hippie hot springs….ย  Orvis, Just past Ridgeway…ย  Had two good soaks… Slept in our bus.. and damn was it cold out.. like 6 degree’s….ย  But we snuggled up and it was fine…. I’m glad we left the dogs at home… There was ice on the inside of the bus this morning…ย  ๐Ÿ™„ย  ๐Ÿ™„ย  ๐Ÿ™„ย  ๐Ÿ™„ย  ย Anywho…. On the way home… I shredded that Porsche pulley….. stripped the rear pulley where it index’s into the hub… kinda like china made one’s … ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ย  Luckily I had a stock replacement with me… and belt.. so less than 10 minutes… we were back on the road….ย  ๐Ÿ™‚ย  ๐Ÿ™‚ย  ๐Ÿ™‚ย  ๐Ÿ™‚ย  ย No more Porsche pulley try outs for me….ย  I will stick with what I know works… ๐Ÿ˜‰

I did not get my wood installed…. I’m gonna do that tomorrow.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰

John Jones
    Keymaster

separated with paint sticks, used leverage bar to get some 3/4 steel in on the left side, so I can still get a tie down down there…. I guess I will drill large holes on the right side to sew my tarp up for storage., ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ย OH BTW…. I measured this stuff.. it’s 1″ thick… then 1/4′ routed out where those larger tubes are sticking up. so it’s pretty flush with the 3/4″ tube…ย  I plan on getting it all screwed down… and get up here with some 36 grit on a 8″ da and smooth this shit out like glass!!!!!ย ย  ๐Ÿ˜€ย  ๐Ÿ˜€ย  ๐Ÿ˜€ย  ๐Ÿ˜€ย  ๐Ÿ˜€

and for all you out there thinking… “damn, john gets to work on his bus on christmas”…ย  Corporate loves this bus as much or more than I do!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kleake
    Participant

Looks great John

Jb
    Participant

Thatโ€™s killer John! Whatโ€™s next on the pamper? Or should I ask Corperate whatโ€™s on the ol upgrade list? I vote custom mini woodstove? Greg and Clara have a bus with a wood burner.

Thatโ€™s so awesome u guys love doing this stuff together…..jealous!

Corporate
    Keymaster

The sky deck in use on Christmas!!! 28 degrees, and we are toasty warm!!!!!

I love going on adventures in our bus!!!

Speshel k
    Participant

I dig how you rounded the front wood. Now you can sleep under the stars and not fall off in the summer.ย  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

68tintop
    Participant

Hell yea. Thatโ€™s awesome nice job making a roof deck nice viewing area to see for miles when your campin?

John Jones
    Keymaster

Sky deck is mostly done…ย  I have it screwed to the 3 large tubes… I think I should probably, split the distance and add 2 more rows of screws/.. maybe??ย  I also redid my front ladder and moved it much closer to the bus and now it matches the angles on the nose and windshields much mo better!ย  That was a quick fun project, ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ย The side rails make it seem sooooo much more stable and easy to move around and hold on and shit..ย  You can see Zack is sitting on the rail… they are strong.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ย I can fit 12′ sheets of plywood up there too.. sitting flat… and nice.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I love my bus.. It is almost dialed for an Arizona road trip in January!!!

ColeB
    Participant

Looking good! Canโ€™t wait to test it out

volksaddict
    Participant

Wonder how much that pile of lumber weighs? ๐Ÿ˜›ย  Waay up high…Careful on the corners!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 997 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.