Home Forums Bullshit Je$$e’s (aka Tintop) Projects

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1516 through 1530 (of 1789 total)
  • Author
    Franz

I drained the oil out of the transaxle and reduction boxes, it was a little dirty, but not bad. I installed some magnetic drain plugs in the reduction boxes too.

C5AED6A7-4CAA-4204-8754-19885D7B0463

The engine looks good, head torque is tight and the valves are .006”.

mtnbus
    Participant

Yea jesse, what’s up ?

are you going to BBB. I know it’s your favorite

68tintop
    Participant

Thanks Franz for checking on my mystery clunk. I have a leaky roof On my place that I am trying to fix in between workin. so I am pretty busy😫 I am going to BBB but Zoey has a volleyball tournament in Phoenix on Saturday and sunday😩 so I am not sure what’s goin on
    Tiffany tells me yesterday and I cried. My only vacation and 💩. If my roof is too icy to work on I will come down. But I really need to get out the weed burner and melt off the ice so I can fix the leak.

68tintop
    Participant

I think the carbs were leaking a little gas when we where in Moab I am not sure we’re from but if you could check on that Franz that would be awesome.

John Jones

Bus sounds like it purrs like a kitten!!!!!   But NO BBB for Jesse?? bummer…

That sucks.. but, the powers to be clearly state, .. You gotta make Zoey Priority…. Especially during these years of life… 😎 😎 😎  We’ll take some pictures for ya.. And you’ll have her all growd up and coming camping with us in just a few more years… 😎 😎 😎

Maybe well see ya later.,maybe not, 😎  I’m working on my dirty shop project today! all weekend!!!

The harder I work, the better I feel, sorta 😎

68tintop
    Participant

I am still going to BBB as long as I can get my roof fixed. 🥶Zoey is in a club volleyball team that travels not me. 😜

Audrey Jones

Zoey is in a club volleyball team that travels not me. 😜

😂😆

I hope you get your roof fixed up! That’s a bummer!! 😬

Franz

Jesse, call me when you get a minute. I lowered the rear suspension, then put new oil in the trans and rgb’s yesterday. I went for a good test drive…

I think a lot of your transaxle noise is because of the solid nose cone mount to convert the tunnel case trans to your 58 torsion housing. The clunk you hear when releasing the clutch aggressively is the spring plates hitting the torsion housing stops.…it does seem like there may be some bearing noise it the driver side reduction box. But I know those bearings are newer.

I guess we could take that box apart for inspection…Probably should just throw a new set of bearings in if we take it apart that far.

If it were me, I’d probably keep driving it until the noise gets worse..to make sure there is actually a problem.

23A6B13B-E967-4EB9-B1B8-BAC01A1375BA

John Jones

I am still going to BBB as long as I can get my roof fixed. 🥶Zoey is in a club volleyball team that travels not me. 😜

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Franz

EIS is back online. They have your front floor mat.

https://eisparts.com/product/mat-front-floor-bus-1955-1959/

mtnbus
    Participant

damn

I need one too

68tintop
    Participant

Yep I need one too. But I don’t do much internet ordering. 😬thanks franz for the tuneups. I will call u later

John Jones

Yep I need one too. But I don’t do much internet ordering. 😬thanks franz for the tuneups. I will call u later

get that roof fixed up yet?

68tintop
    Participant

Yep I got the roof fixed. Just in time for the snow🥶. I am ready for vacation in warmer weather

Viewing 15 posts - 1516 through 1530 (of 1789 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.