- BBWBParticipantAugust 10, 2020 at 12:58 pmPost count: 839
Can you say abracadabra? Fuck’in magic Pat.
I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.Pat KKeymasterAugust 11, 2020 at 8:36 amPost count: 1413
Thanks Russ! Thanks Ben!
Put this up on the dolly first thing last night.
Finished welding in the lower pass side of the clip. Had to take a small section out to line up the lower edge.
Two rounds of stud work.
Front side welds dressed.
Also worked up a patch section for the lower pass front quarter/wheel well.
We will build it if it comes.Pat KKeymasterAugust 12, 2020 at 12:40 pmPost count: 1413
Dressing inner welds on the passenger side front clip/fender well repairs were first on the list last night.Found a small rusty spot on the driver side front wheel well/heat channel area that needed attention.
Finished welding the drivers side clip lower section in and dressed welds on the front and back sides.
We will build it if it comes.Pat KKeymasterAugust 14, 2020 at 8:57 amPost count: 1413
Wednesday night I finished the last bit of fitting and welding on the front clip replacement.
Had to do a little slicing and dicing to get the hood gap acceptable were the two sections came together on the passenger side.
Also shaved the override holes in the front apron.
Last night the hood pull tube went back in first.
One last pass front fender mount nut needed attention.
Finished the pass a-pillar repair now that all of this area is back in shape.
Cleaned off the last remaining bits from the drivers side carpet strip that had been removed. New one on. Need to finish grinding.
Broken rear driver fender mount stud repaired.
Just a couple of rear pass side fender nuts and some hood seal channel to replace and rust repair will be DONE on the shell!!!
We will build it if it comes.John JonesKeymasterAugust 18, 2020 at 1:22 pmPost count: 6723
Car looks awesome… wish I could blast right now….. it’s gonna look so awesome right out of the blast booth all abrasive cleaned…😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁Pat KKeymasterAugust 19, 2020 at 2:08 pmPost count: 1413
Got back on this last night. Removed the entire lower section of hood seal channel and a small section along the pass side.
Shaped up new pieces, melted everything together, and dressed the welds.
Also replaced the last 3 missing fender nuts in the rear.
Fixed up a small crack in the bumper mount on the driver side and finished some grinding in the engine bay corners.
Ready to start fitting the rest of the removable.
We will build it if it comes.RustabusParticipantAugust 20, 2020 at 8:43 amPost count: 1967
Getting very close to the metal work finish line on this one!!!!😀😀😀John JonesKeymasterAugust 21, 2020 at 10:53 amPost count: 6723
oh yeah…. Going to look as clean as a nuns, …. oh. I can’t say shit like that anymore… 😎
Can’t wait to see it all dusted off and cleaned.. I noticed we got some new barbs and hose for the blaster… Time is approaching.. 😎Pat KKeymasterAugust 24, 2020 at 11:27 amPost count: 1413
Fender fits last night. The rears Dan sent fit pretty darn nice.
Few pinholes to fix here and there.
The one front fender we received needed lots of love in all the wrong spots.
Found a pair of fronts in JJs bone yard in betrer them average shape we can work with.
We will build it if it comes.Scott SainParticipantAugust 24, 2020 at 3:58 pmPost count: 273tlambertParticipantAugust 24, 2020 at 8:10 pmPost count: 313FranzKeymasterAugust 25, 2020 at 9:57 amPost count: 3630
68-69 tail lights are more rare than 62-67. Duh. 😉
We’ll dig some correct ones out of the parts trailer.alykatParticipantAugust 26, 2020 at 6:39 amPost count: 478
I think there may be a couple of sets in one of those boxes of stuff I dropped off.Pat KKeymasterAugust 26, 2020 at 1:08 pmPost count: 1413
Between last night and Monday night I finished fitting removables.
Drivers door lower hinges was jacked up!
Found a correct, dry, super straight replacement door in the pile out back. Little bit of pushing required to get the gaps right.
Had to steal an outer set hinges from a junk door for the pass side.
Both decklid hinges needed nuts welded to the backsides due to stripped threads in the hinge plate itself.
Welded and dressed a few cracks around the bottom edge of the decklid.
Made sure headlight fit the fenders. Pass side needed just a little love.
Rear apron had a couple good dents along the top edge.
Had to do a bit of stud pulling, slicing, hammer/dolly work, welding and grinding.
Drivers rear fender rust repair 90% done. Just a little grinding on the back side and a couple small spots to weld. Also shaved the overrider hole and the late model tail light mount hole.
Getting there. Just three more fenders to look over for needed rust repairs and then fix the bottom of the pass door.
We will build it if it comes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.