Home Forums Bullshit Ben’s Honda TL250 trials

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ben.. you need to put that heavy classic in the corner of the living room…..and get a modern light bike! It’s looking sweet though! 20210327_101917

I’ve had two modern trials Gas Gas 300TXT, and a Montesa 4RT. Nice for just trials. I like the old school with a seat so I can sit once in awhile, while I’m trail riding.

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

Participant

I think  I’m with Ben on this.. riding that old classic specially  if the mods work for him… will be like an a old pair of comfy shoes…!!!

in fact … picked some fiberglass today… will copy Ben’s airbox but will try to build it out of fiberglass only 🙂

I’m assuming he way you been working on this project,  the vw van will be completed just as fast so you will have the TL up and running pretty soon?

‘I guess Im the opposite  doing projects… I had a bathroom it took me 15 years to complete… wife was ready to kill me… I saw her taking notes watching “criminal minds”  that was i guess her hint and reason to finished it…  don’t want her giving my bikes and guns away!!:-)

John JonesJohn Jones

I think I’m with Ben on this.. riding that old classic specially if the mods work for him… will be like an a old pair of comfy shoes…!!! in fact … picked some fiberglass today… will copy Ben’s airbox but will try to build it out of fiberglass only 🙂 I’m assuming he way you been working on this project, the vw van will be completed just as fast so you will have the TL up and running pretty soon? ‘I guess Im the opposite doing projects… I had a bathroom it took me 15 years to complete… wife was ready to kill me… I saw her taking notes watching “criminal minds” that was i guess her hint and reason to finished it… don’t want her giving my bikes and guns away!!:-)

😎 😎 😎   I think we can ALL relate to a long ass bathroom project!!! 😎  😎

Participant

Ben I hope your VW van  is back on the road again…

Have a few questions for you… keep looking at your new airbox was trying to figure out how do you get to the  filter and I m assuming you are using a different filter ? a K&N for any chance?

Participant

The top comes off. I’m just using flat Uni air filter foam. There will be a wire mesh sandwich to hold it in place. I haven’t finished it yet. Will post a picture when done.

And yes, bus is back on the road.

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

Participant

A la Bultaco Alpina but instead of the top the side  one screw hold the side panel a spring , and the filter sandwich between 2 screens… I was thinking like a shoe box and   in fiberglass .. have to work on the front garden wife  got 25 bags of mulch I have to put down..

your van… reading on the forum you had a few issues with bearings… and maybe i didnt find all the info.. but you are using the VW transmission but were planning using another transmission… have you done that? so do you make your own  adapter  so is a 2.5 Subaru single overhead cam engine so is pretty much year 2000 and newer? you are using that efi controller… been trying to find the link to the whole buildup of the swap.. seems like im finding pieces…so you do this swaps as a business?

Participant

Finished up the air cleaner for the TL. Bought some air filter foam that was flat and some 1/4” chicken wire for support. The bottom one is glued in. On the top piece, I seamed the edges with flashing aluminum. Walla!Air cleaner.
    ACD20C17-8062-4907-B04B-477AA7BAC1EED9EA4365-1C87-4159-8AF0-388742E02263A245EFF0-BEA9-4F36-91AF-6FC81E3A4A67

RSP3RSP3
    Participant

Fantastic Ben!

Participant

Thanks!! Ben!!!

Participant

Mostly back together. Still need the chain and tensioner installed, then make a seat.
    7C459C3E-4020-4145-A448-B11805BE97E1EE89DFDF-1A46-425B-91FC-0009BAC5319E

John JonesJohn Jones

Damn thats a cool looking simple bike!!

Participant

All ready to go bash some rocks. Saved 5-6 lbs. with the changes. Weights 215 now with half tank. Was 220 stock according to the ad brochure. But I didn’t weigh the whole bike before I started.
    90DE2E74-A9BC-4230-88C6-C22E9049781008EFFF3F-0FB7-47A6-894B-595475A35959D9290438-D453-44D1-A11F-C4CF7ADE5951

Participant

Have you taken it for a test drive yet?

John JonesJohn Jones

hell yeah!!!!!!!

Participant

Have you taken it for a test drive yet?

Just about 5 minutes in my front yard, doing full lock turns in the gravel driveway. Got some work to do on my trailer before heading out to the trails.

NewboldNewbold
    Participant

Sweet! that thing is trick, I love it!

Participant

^^^ Thanks. Can’t wait for Steamboat.

John JonesJohn Jones

Refresh me again…. When and what’s in SteamBoat?  I wanna be there!!!!!  Pit Crew!!!  I even got bright ornage shirts!!!

Nice Ben! Knocked it out!

We will build it if it comes.

Participant

Refresh me again…. When and what’s in SteamBoat? I wanna be there!!!!! Pit Crew!!! I even got bright ornage shirts!!!

It’s a vintage trials and motocross competition. First weekend of June.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.