Home Forums KCW Completed Projects Audrey’s Vanagon

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

No problem, anytime. Sorry it took so long.

Audrey Jones
    Keymaster

Well… the ignition switch may officially be done… took a nice drive out to Debeque and back yesterday, then tried to start the van again later and it won’t turn over at all… I can hear the fuel pump going, but it just makes 1 click sound and nothing happens when turning the key. With my tiny bit of research it sounds like it’s either the ignition switch or the starter? Of course, the van is not at the shop… but it’s in the valley at least! Not in a hurry, but Goldie probably needs another visit to KCW… or a special visit out to Fruita… OR can I do this??!😬

John Jones
    Keymaster

AAA it over… thats why we pay for it…. 😎  😎

Franz
    Keymaster

It’ll probably be fine now that its cooled down. Did Andy install a new starter?

Andym
    Participant

Or a low battery?

yes it’s a new starter. TDI diesel conversion starter.  2000 vw diesel manual trans

SR0408x is the part number.

Do something

Franz
    Keymaster

I’ll probably put relay on the starter signal wire.

My vanagon had this problem 20 years ago. And a lot of aircooled have the same issue.

it’s like a 10 minute fix.

Audrey Jones
    Keymaster

I tried it a few times this morning and it’s still doing the same thing… the light starts flashing and the fuel pump starts when you turn the key part way, then when you turn the key all the way over it makes one click sound and nothing happens. The battery seems to have power, everything else has power, unless the battery is going bad I suppose?

I recently had a shop in boulder replace the fuel pump relay… just so you guys know…

but I’ll get it towed to the shop tomorrow AM so we can check it out!

thanks guys!!

Andym
    Participant

I’ll be in junction in a couple weeks. I plan on staying at my parents new place for a few days then at KCW for a few days..

Do something

Audrey Jones
    Keymaster

Awesome Andy!! I’ll be sure to be around to say hi and let the van get a little check-up! 😁

i also think I owe everyone cookies…

AAA is on the way…

John Jones
    Keymaster

loose battery cable at the starter…. 😎

Pat K
    Keymaster

Simple fix for an water sucker.

Thanks for the fresh cookies yesterday!!

We will build it if it comes.

John Jones
    Keymaster

The coffee last friday was great! When we did brakes..   The fresh out of the oven cookies yesterday….  PRICELESS!!!  😎  Thanks Audrey….  Appreciation can be showed in many ways… One way is through our belly’s!!!!!  😎

Andym
    Participant

I’ll be leaving here Monday the 2ed, then helping my parents at their new place for a few days. So later in the first week of September I’ll be at KCW.( 6th to 8th I’ll be free. )

can I stay at KCW Friday night and Saturday, even if it’s the couch or JJ pamper??

I fly back here on the 10th.

Anything I need to address on this van?

Do something

Pat K
    Keymaster

😱😱😱😍😍😍…see you see soon Andy.😘 SUBI-POWER!!

We will build it if it comes.

Audrey Jones
    Keymaster

I’m glad you guys can feel appreciated through your belly’s- cause that’s the best way I can show it!!!😁😁

Awesome Andy!! I just took her over to Boulder for a few days and did tons of driving and she did AWESOME!

The only things I’d like you to double check I suppose… sometimes the idle seems really low(?) and the whole van shakes in slow motion almost, but that mostly happens when changing between altitudes so that may be no problem… the other thing is occasionally when driving uphill the power starts to cut in and out… it did this driving up to vail pass a few days ago… I didn’t have to pull over to make it up the hill, and no lights came on or anything… up vail pass is a big hill, but it has done this before going up minor hills around Denver/boulder as well… usually I pull over and give her a brake and all is fine again!

Another issue… probably not for Andy to look at… but my fuel tank needs to be re-sealed 😬😬😬 right now I can get away with just not filling her up all the way, but If I forget and fill it up, tons of gas spills out under the van…

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 567 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.