Home Forums Bullshit 67 Wrong Side Driver

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Missed this post the other day. Looking good! Heat too! You are going to love that.

Critter1
    Participant

That motor looks awesome!!!!!!!    NICE detail… Never thought about detailing the fan belt!!!!!!! damn!!!

Thanks Jones  a company called “Dayco” once made belts with a checkered detail

Missed this post the other day. Looking good! Heat too! You are going to love that.

I can’t wait to have some heat. I want this bug to be warm and quiet-ish!!

Critter1
    Participant

Been plugging away at the wrong side driver…

lN7A+L7pSBGf3KeBW%2Geg

QWJbd4WBSl2aOLmf80b+aw

%pM0JSMUQ3esJFvJalT5vA

Critter1
    Participant

OG beam stiffeners just because… Mated to a CB 2″ beam.

I had to massage this RHD pedal assembly quite a bit. The clutch hook was a crude “fab” job by a previous owner. Fixed that using the available LHD pedal shaft upgrade kit… slice, dice & weld. Also the clutch arm was flimsy s fuck! I could literally twist it in my hand.. So I sacrificed a rusted out frozen LHD pedal assembly for its clutch arm and welded it back to back to the RHD cultch arm to box it in nicely. I did this mod with the pedals in my Notchback and it just feels super solid. Same with the Lokar pedal pads. I like em. They look cool…

IMG_9470

IglJ28LwQTeK5ZkKdEMktw

lSX7RUPjQ+eoBuhwZQnUkQ

8QXHmZ6ASBet%b7RSBk39w

LIfQteWtRsutnSHU1X3Xlg

GhPYyhBXQIOcSA3N3BypxA

QUrlg%lWTI6wyWXypj6xtA

C1JfFrKkT2ev2fkWMQ6PFQ

FLzySf3WS9OczmK8hr2D3A

Critter1
    Participant

Pan assembly soon!

Why isn’t there more member build threads here like there use to be? Does KCW need a dedicated forum for “Members Builds” like the old site had? I know Instagram and FB have taken over for guys showing their build progress. I do the same thing on IG, but with a forum at least you can show your build exclusively and not have it watered down with pictures of food and your cats!

MAKE BUILD FORUMS GREAT AGAIN!

Pat K
    Participant

Yay pictures! Nice progress!!!

We will build it if it comes.

John Jones

OH man… everything is super trick… 😎  Love them RHD’s!!!

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

Vwfool
    Participant

I like your attention to details.  Is this getting painted?

Critter1
    Participant

I like your attention to details. Is this getting painted?

Thanks! Yeah if I’ve learned one thing its, to touch everything!

Yes its getting painted. Going back to its OG color, Zenith Blue.

G8PRvl2yRuGhEAQmqsblcA

Pete
    Participant

Great attention to detail.  You do some really nice work, Justin.

John Jones

damn nice………

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

Critter1
    Participant

This project is finally turning the corner for me!! Pan assy is just about done and the body and removables are now blasted and in epoxy prime. Fresh metal is on its way from Wolfsburg West… both lower A pillars, right side heater channel bottom plate and an entire new package tray from body-to-pan bolts to top of firewall.

IMG_1076

Zach with VSR Mobile Sandblasting came out with his rig. Solid dude.. he has a sick Subaru 2.5 turbo 63 ragtop bug.

IMG_1079

euQCQcTeTSOMTo6KhKuiLg

IMG_1083

Its really surprisingly not bad!! I’ve never seen ALL four inner quarters on a car be this straight. Pretty amazing after 60 years and it was never tapped.

Heres the worst of it.

IMG_1102

IMG_1104

IMG_1103

Love me some OG spot welds all lined up like German soldiers! These inner quarters are amazing.

IMG_1109

IMG_1108

IMG_1107

IMG_1105

IMG_1111

Critter1
    Participant

Pan assembly is fun. Like Franz says… it’s a model kit. Until you get halted because you’re missing one little part or you got the wrong outer tie rod ends or forgot to order the Wilwood brass brake line adaptors… oops. The pan is now further along than these pics show. Waiting on stupid shit like the brass brake line adaptors and bolt in valve stems in order to male it a finished roller.

Space is limited at the shop so I’m on outside assembly status…

~25mm Sway Away torsions, 99-03 TDI factory hi-torque starter, old school chrome stock spring plates, Type 3 rear backing plates/drums, ISP billet rear hubs, CB 2″ beam & drum drop spindles, EMPI Wilwood adaptor, heavily reworked RHD pedal assembly…

IMG_0893

IMG_1055

IMG_1054 2

IMG_0901

OG kamax bolts with fresh zinc because I hate myself…

IMG_1056

IMG_0896

Polished ends, short race axles. Unknown brand; used.. could be Sway Away(?)

IMG_0895

Had to press in longer studs to accommodate the Space Saver wheels. These are CB two piece billet front rotors. Did the same for the rear ISP billet steel hubs (see first pic).

IMG_1057

IMG_1115

Franz
    Participant

Looking great! Blasting always reviles the nasty stuff.

I’m not jealous of your full resto though…that is a lot of hard work.

Critter1
    Participant

I’m not jealous of your full resto though.

Thanks Franz..

like I said.. I hate myself, so I put myself in these “must do” situations. Oh well. It’ll be fun when it’s done.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.