Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 66 deluxe megahatch

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 17 posts - 441 through 457 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Bet 2020 will bring on Many more nights in that Rig!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

John Jones
    Keymaster

Was the front sway bar a game changer??????  😎

cold last night? 😎

Pete
    Participant

Such a cool (and functional) camper.  I bet Franz’s kids really dig it.  Mine would.

Franz
    Keymaster

Helll yeah! She rips….doing 70-75mph all day. Never came out of 4th gear. Sway bar is awesome 👍 Especially in gusty winds.

Thanks again for letting me use your shop on the weekends to build my own stuff.

Mrs. Muhr
    Participant
    John Jones
    Keymaster

Awesome stuff!!!   You caught the yawn !!!  😎   Time for another awesome night in the bus!!! 😎   Although, if all three of you are sharing the bed… it might be a little cozy in there…. 😎  😎  Mom busted out a picture of Holden brushing his teeth… 😎  Lets see you guys busting out a 360 tail kick or something… 😎  You know… something for the home page!!!!  a sunset.. You two kissing in front of a sunset in front of the bus!!!!! 😎

Hope everything is awesome blossom!!!  So happy your bus is performing awesome!!! I gotta get me one them there sway bars!!!  Safe travels home!!!

Dario
    Participant

C7A3A4EA-9F23-4C8C-927D-361F88AF423A

Awesome pic, awesome bus!!!

John Jones
    Keymaster

C7A3A4EA-9F23-4C8C-927D-361F88AF423A

Awesome pic, awesome bus!!!

Thanks Melissa…  I got a few pictures out of ya… 😎

Franz
    Keymaster

Skiing at Powderhorn this morning.

It was cold, but the powder was knee deep. Soo good.

C42CDBB7-8C68-42C8-A956-50B8C355F92C68325625-D596-45A7-9E11-0F432F7FE8E0

Vwsarent4hippies
    Participant

Ready for BBB!

Pete
    Participant

Great shots, great bus!

ColeB

Great color for the snow!

John Jones
    Keymaster

Skiing at Powderhorn this morning. It was cold, but the powder was knee deep. Soo good. C42CDBB7-8C68-42C8-A956-50B8C355F92C68325625-D596-45A7-9E11-0F432F7FE8E0

AWESOME STUFF!!!  Glad it was fun!!!!  Bus is awesome!!!!  Maybe you can drag Pat Kendall up there wth ya sometime!!!!! 😎

MikeK
    Participant

I really like how you transformed this Bus into a useful machine.

I read through the thread but didn’t see what you used for rear suspension.  I know it’s IRS’d, but did you use a Beetle trans and trailing arms?  What axles and CV’s did you end up using and have you had any problems related to the lifted suspension and maxing out the CV’s?  Also curious about what tires and what size was used.

I’m putting together the rear end for my project with modified Bay trailing arms, Beetle IRS.  I was curious if I’d have to use 930 CV’s or could get away with Bus CV’s.  My old Panel was on Beetle trailing arms and I had to lower it so the Beetle CV’s weren’t over extended.

Thanks!

Franz
    Keymaster

I upgraded to 930 CV joints and axles because the 100mm bus units I had were clicking. Running 24 degrees on the axle at full droop (spring plate on the torsion housing stop). That is the max.

Its all type 1 stuff, with hacked up arms and shock mounts. Old busboys stuff I think. Def not the prettiest.

215/75/r15 tires are the biggest you can put on a stock bus, they just barely rub the edge of the jackpoint. I usually trim the jackpoint a hair.

MikeK
    Participant

I think my old setup was Bus Boys as well.  It had the bolt on trailing arm mounts.  The one thing I didn’t car for was how de-cambered it was.  It  think that may have been from using their bolt on mounts.

Have you had any issues with the CV boot bellows rubbing themselves and wearing out prematurely with the 930’s?  Also, did you use a floating axle or the stock ones with stops for the CV’s?

Thanks for the info.  It’s kind of an unconventional setup and I want to get it right on paper before diving in.

Franz
    Keymaster

New floater stuff from EMPI. You have to buy axles. 930 has different spline than VW.

Brian from Idaho posted up some custom type 1 arms that had modified shock mounting. Looked sweet.

Baywindow junk that WagensWest sells looks good too…but I’m not a fan of the shock behind the axle.

Viewing 17 posts - 441 through 457 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.