Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 66 deluxe megahatch

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 16 posts - 145 through 160 (of 453 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Yep. Fit decent too. The driver’s door needs a little love, Its has a huge gap at the back. The hinges were worn and cracked…I fixed all of that while it was in metal. Which was the original cause of the issue….but someone had bent the hinges to compensate for the problems…Now the bent hinge is the problem pulling it forward. I just have to pop it off and bend it back.

I should have fit all the parts to the bus in metal or primer….but I didn’t.

Originally I had planned to two tone the backside of the door turkis. But decided against it for a couple reasons. 1- I was afraid the turkis would be visible through the door gaps. 2- The window frames are all going to be white. 3- The white will glow better under the LED lights. Also decided not to install headliner on the cargo doors because the canvas is not very pliable. It would wrinkle and make pop-out seal install near impossible. The doors definitely provide some interior contrast.

I also spent a minute yesterday tearing down a old RV stove/oven that I pan to make a cabinet to fit. Cookin cookies but I’m not your damn granny.

BBWB
    Participant

Looks all business Franz. Do you think the socket trick between the hinges would pull the door back?

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

John Jones
    Keymaster

I think the socket trick will help for sure.. I took he hinge off today and hit it around a little bit… 😎  He’s beeing getting all his OG door handles and mech’s together for this rig!!!!  window frames coming up too!!!!!!!!

DSCF5904DSCF5905

John Jones
    Keymaster

DSCF5913

Putting doors together!!!!! rods!!!!! mech;s etc…

mtnbus
    Participant

oh yea Franz ! way to go man

that thing is so sick

Rustabus
    Participant

Go Franz Go!!!!!!!!:)

Critter1
    Participant

Looks like you have some serious restoration to do to the cookie maker! Will it be Turkish?

6ridxycxdpnsz6camkpm4gn7a5y2lhuh

Justin..... that's Justin in Spanish.

Willy

Did you have a chance to get your gaps sorted out over the weekend Franz?

Franz
    Keymaster

Yeah, I took the driver’s door off, took the hinges off, and bent the hinges. I did’nt want to stress the door as it was already cracked around all the hinge rivets (before I welded them in bare metal).

Fits and looks cherry now…just have to re-paint the part of the hinge that comes off.

Franz
    Keymaster

The oven got a good cleaning from a certified chef. Stripped the paint back to find beautiful mango porcelain. Its got a cool coleman badge that goes on the door. I’m probably going to remove two of the burners and put a small prep area in their place.

DSC00432

Hey Jesse, I think you’re going to need this tool bucket for work this week?

DSC00434

John Jones
    Keymaster

Franz is gonna have an OVEN!!!!!   Biscuits in the morning!!!!!!!! 😎

Pat K
    Keymaster

More progress this weekend? LEDs in the oven too?

We will build it if it comes.

John Jones
    Keymaster

I heard something about window frames I think. 😎

Andym
    Participant

Cuz I don’t know where to post this other than a franz or clean pat post. Dude goes from talking money, to not being mad, to his teeth in 20 seconds.. ol riff raff

https://instagram.com/p/BfY6wr9Hy5H/

Do something

Franz
    Keymaster

Best style in the game.

Franz
    Keymaster

Dougie is here giving me some love.

I like the retromat. Its lightweight. doesn’t absorb moisture, and no foil surface (sometimes causes elec. problems)

DSC00515

Viewing 16 posts - 145 through 160 (of 453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.