Home Forums Bullshit 52 Standard sleepin at KCW

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Participant

5CBB2419-FC0B-4B43-BE41-E041082228C9CF6FA8B7-4640-4DE2-90AC-74C0BA2D7376Straight bars in, cut em in but too tight!! Gonna try again tomorrow!!!😀😉😩

Keymaster

That’s one spiffy garage….wood floors…woo woo

We will build it if it comes.

Participant

Heh, yeah I try to start work on shit upstairs cuz my Wife thinks I’m hiding from Her if I’m in the garage all night!

Keymaster

Your wife is super awesome😜

Participant

So, I blew off this project last week when the back bars didn’t fit. Got back on it a couple days ago fit wider bars so that the seat tops can flip all the way forward without hitting the bottom frame. Fit TONS of spring clamps, welded up springs and made up a bunch of new little metal straps that hold the springs to frame…………… called it good for now and dropped it off for powder coat!!!😀😀😀

mtnbusmtnbus
    Participant

cool

good progress !

Participant

Uh, progress! 😉 Seats are gonna be outta the garage at least!!😀

Participant

Next is rear seat bottom, first look says Nobody has one, Franz says post up on the Samba and a couple will pop  outta the cracks!!!!👍😀

Participant

Franz said I would have been fired already at KCW workin at this pace! 😂😂😂

3 responses to Samba ad for rear seat. 2 wanted to know how many Splits I have one says his friend has one for $900.

Participant

Check out face book   air cooled VW parts for sale.  There are always the wacked out dreamers trying to sell junk for gold prices, but I have seen quite a lot of harder to find things at what seem to be reasonable prices.

Keymaster

Rusty…..

Participant

Yup, like a Labrador at a tennis court!!!! I’ll grab all the first balls I see then randomly run one down into a hole and dig for it half the day…….

Keymaster

I had an idea yesterday. 💡 since your in the bartering mood….

I’ll fix your baywindow up real nice make it run and drive perfect.

….all you have to do is give up the 52 split. I’ll even buy all the parts your baywindow needs????

Just think about how awesome it’s going to be re-living your high school days…I can even paint it purple(with house paint, no rust repair) and mount the bong between the front seats for you. 😀

Participant

Heh! Can’t believe you remember my high school Bus so well!!!! 😉😉😉 No, I’ll keep the old junk! 😀

Participant

Seat backs back from powder coat! Yeah!! On to something else!!!😀

54BCF5EB-F0A1-4C7B-8D1C-EF4B9334D7AA

Participant

So, who has a rear seat bottom?????😉

Participant

Stoked!!! Next Step!!!! So, my pan halves are replaced, correct, Gerson pans. Somehow with the heavy T -bone it’s still straight.? Think I should nerd out on the pan cuz I wanna have it all good with the front seat wing mounts and all that..So, finish the pan 100% as a good progressive move forward!

Participant

Hmmm, think this is a more sober plan. Body really shouldn’t get off the pan til we finish some stuff…..drivers side still has rust repair in rear corners and inside wheel well. Front clip still needs to cut in  the Split curved piece above the beam, gotta figure out if I’m gonna call the front clip good or cut up some stuff and re-fit in the spare tire area……I bet we need a few days on the body before it’s really ready to pull off the pan. So, guess that’s really the next step! 😀😀😀

Keymaster

Cool plans!

I didn’t see the when and how listed in there?

Lets paint the pan and build a driver chassis all super nice like you said first….. And while the body is off we finish the repairs and paint that sucker too! Kind of like Cole just did.

Be done with this project already.

Keymaster

I AGREE!!!  I would love to see something done with this car!!!   I would think you are in fairly good position to ask for a few weeks off from work and come down here????

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.