Home Forums Bullshit 52 Standard sleepin at KCW

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Stay strong Rusty!  You’re my hero, and my reflection.   Never sell!!

Baja Mark
    Participant

Stay strong Rusty! You’re my hero, and my reflection. Never sell!!

x2!!! Looking back at pictures of cars you sold because you didn’t have the time or money to complete them at the time hurts! If you don’t need to sell, then why would you; it’s not like anything is getting cheaper to replace or easier to find. As long as you own them, you have the rest of your life to fix them, or just enjoy looking at them in your yard. Surely dying with a junkyard is every guy’s dream anyway?!

John Jones

So true about how hard it is to replace this old shit we have… 😎  It’s also true it’s hard to save up big chunks of money.. and you need big chunks to make any difference in shit.. if thats your goal.. Like mine was… 😎  I reckon we all have different goals for our assets in life..    I couldn’t get to my goal of ultimate freedom without sacrificing some really cool cars along the way…  Rusty has sooo many drivers he can’t keep up with the maintenance.. 😎

I’d like to see this split on the road again…  It would be cool to see what Franz would do with it… 😎  I think he would fix it up and keep it.. then he would have a 51 and a 52!!  😎

When’s the last time you drove that useless porsche of yours??  sell that baby… invest in the split… keep it down stairs inside in your garage..

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

volksaddict
    Participant

Yeah Mark but looking at cars sitting in the sun, rain, snow, deteriorating sucks too. If you can’t shelter them they should probably go. Otherwise you’re the guy everyone looks at that says “I’m gonna restore that someday, not for sale” while they are rotting into the ground.

John Jones

keeping everything inside is tough…. wish I had more inside space..  Rusty needs a garage!!!

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

Franz
    Participant

Baja split?

…I mean your green baja is already here. We could swap the bodies this weekend?

Baja Mark
    Participant

I reckon we all have different goals for our assets in life.. I couldn’t get to my goal of ultimate freedom without sacrificing some really cool cars along the way…

I’m with you on this JJ – that’s ultimately the reason all my great cars were sold, but occasionally I wish I was like Rusty and could hoard a little, or own things without feeling like they have a price tag.

Baja Mark
    Participant

Yeah Mark but looking at cars sitting in the sun, rain, snow, deteriorating sucks too. If you can’t shelter them they should probably go. Otherwise you’re the guy everyone looks at that says “I’m gonna restore that someday, not for sale” while they are rotting into the ground.

i get that too but sitting out in Colorado is vastly different from a damp and salty climate like here… it’s like it buys you a few years.

Franz
    Participant

Rusty only buys things that he wants for himself. Emotional purchases….Never with the intent to resale or make money. A true hobbyist I would say.

Even though it’s fun to harass Rusty about all his junk….I do respect his integrity.

Rustabus
    Participant

Thanks, yeah I value old VW’s more than money, if my bills are paid there is nothing else I wanna spend my time and money on!!! I do feel guilty about not keeping up with maintenance on my drivers and ALL of my cars sit outside all year!! Why do I wanna buy that patina Bug Will is sellin instead of building a pole barn, Bus tranny, multiple  engine rebuilds,  Split Bug rust repair??????? Is there such thing as a car junkie therapist?? 🙂

Rustabus
    Participant

I’ve pretty much been on the road carving ice and snow for the last few months, heading home soon and thinking a lot about this Rig! Besides fixing my Porsche, this is the best possible project I own that is worth spending time and money on………………

volksaddict
    Participant

this is the best possible project I own that is worth spending time and money on………………

jl7m5rmeky3a600hnutkzdafsk1v61ff

Rustabus
    Participant

Don’t tempt me!!!! I’m easily distracted!!! 😉 😉 🙂

Willy

Was your split Azure blue originally?

Rustabus
    Participant

It’s a Standard so, L37 MediumBlue. The only other Standard color option in 52 was  L225 Jupiter Grey.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.