Home Forums Bullshit Ron’s 1962 Patina Beetle

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Love the bug, drove it the other day and thought it was awesome and couldn’t be happier or more fun to drive, but thought Franz might be able to fine tune it a bit so I asked him to drive it a bit and make a “ To Do List” on things to address. Well as soon as I saw the list I just asked Franz “KCW” to start from the top and work his way down!

0E58BDBB-EC9C-4C9D-B848-4D89A1CE35EE

Well the list is done and it’s time to celebrate! New tranny, engine swap to a 1914, new door rubber and window seals and a list from Franz completed. Can’t wait, to park the bus and make this my daily! As always KCW is simply the best,  good people, great knowledge and quality work.

D2A42630-5E5A-4B10-B0D0-243F6681DE55

John Jones
    Keymaster

Thanks Ron…  I think KCW is the best one stop VW shop for miles and miles around!

now you can have that bus ready for a road trip when I get better😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Willy

So cool Ron! I’m happy that car ended up with someone who would give it that much attention and plan on using it regularly. Congrats on the bitchin’ daily!

John Jones
    Keymaster

Ron😁😁😁we should organize a cruise 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁.
    and I love blunts😁

Rustabus
    Participant

Yup!!! Dream Daily Driver!!!! Good Job Bro!!! 🙂

Rustabus
    Participant

Soooooooooooo, When do we put in a ragtop?!?!?!??

RSP3
    Participant

As soon as I get my hands on one!

Pat K
    Keymaster

Soooooooooooo, When do we put in a ragtop?!?!?!??

How much is a clip going for now?

We will build it if it comes.

Rustabus
    Participant

Fuk,,, used to be $500 now add a Grand, and pay to install!! 🙂

RSP3
    Participant

I’ll need a new fuel pump again, first. Went to work to get my paycheck and she died and left me stranded. 😠😡☹️ Had to call the wife to come get me. But I know I have a couple in the bus at home,  one new one and a used emergency back up one. So I’ll swap it out in the morning and I should be good. 🙏🙏🙏

RSP3
    Participant

Home, no problem.

E94E7814-0F50-495B-A7A6-5B9793131CE5C433914A-EF24-42C1-B246-DAD1B7F87E5A

Rustabus
    Participant

So, was it the pump or something else?!?!? Glad it’s runnin!!!!!! 🙂

RSP3
    Participant

Yeah swapped out the pump and after killing the battery a couple of times trying to fill up the carbs she fired right up. 👍👍👍 Thanks for the help bro.

Rustabus
    Participant

Sweet!!!!! Drive the wheels off of that  Rig!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Franz
    Keymaster

Sounds like vapor lock.

Let me guess, you drove your aircooled car 15 minutes across town during the hottest time of day on the hottest day of the summer, went inside for about 5 -10 minutes, and then it wouldn’t start.

The heat in the engine bay spikes when you get it to operating temp, then park it. Causing the fuel in the hoses to boil and flood the carbs.

Try opening the deck lid to let the heat out if you’re only going to park it for 5 minutes.

Rustabus
    Participant

Fuckin Aircooleds!!! I was crying and pouting when I was in Hot Ass Utah last year with a road trip ahead of me, and my shit overheated and I thought it was dead.. Shit was fine, but workin hard! Gotta be a bit careful with this stuff! !!! Take care , take time, it will get you there!!!!!!!!!!

Franz
    Keymaster

Ask and you shall receive. 😁 Do you still want a ragtop Clip? We just got this stuff from Pete(rip) in Delta.E4379745-0980-485C-BB41-E5EB4E6B488127E5FBE9-495E-4576-A22B-BEBB18BFDB81

9DAE9A22-ABA2-472D-8EF5-541C49FE93B6506D2A45-F212-498E-BA40-3FD09CAC5968That is one of Doug’s original sgpg wheels

Rustabus
    Participant

Ragtop! Ragtop! Ragtop! 🙂

RSP3
    Participant

Oh hell yeah! I’ll stop by on Saturday.

Douglas E Fresh
    Participant

Congrats on Petes Bug!  He loved that car, that was his keeper.  I saw it a few weeks ago and wondered what would become of it.  It will be perfect match as well.

Let me know if you want to sell that wheel. sure would like to have the  complete set 😛

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.