Home Forums Bullshit 1960 single cab pos

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Here, you can all talk about my sorry single here, leave the DDWT thread for DDWT busses 🙂 

Anybody got a spare driver’s door? 😆

Franz
    Keymaster

Smashed stuff is nice because there is no shame in modifying.

I could think of all kind of bad ideas using some fancy linkages like Ten Fold Engineering.

John Jones
    Keymaster

Looks a bit better in this pic…. That must be the good side..  😉   LOVE that L31!

John Jones
    Keymaster

We need to have an all L31 campout!!!! 😉

Franz
    Keymaster

A dove blue bus show would be awesome.

John Jones
    Keymaster

Jeff… If I can get some gates from Gerson…   I’ll have a crappy set here if ya need em.. 😉  😉  😉

volksaddict
    Participant

I would definitely do the ramp side conversion, would fit right in around here

mtnbus
    Participant

Jeff will make that single awesome again

Rustabus
    Participant

Jeff, I know a Bus parts hoarder in Durango that has a drivers door that is just right for this Rig!!!!! Come by and pick it up!!!!! 😀  😀  😀

curbo
    Participant

I think that’s a good looking single cab

volksaddict
    Participant

20190131_112338[1]20190131_112559[1]

Look what snuck back in the shop! the pos single. Trying to bring up the bottom of the herd I got this out hoping to just make it a roller without too much effort, haha.

20190131_153615[1]

Bouncing around on the loader and the position of the arm on my lift was too much for the poor frame 🙁

20190131_141935[1] The cab was starting to droop! Proper and careful bracing is required on a project like this 🙂

20190131_142100[1]

20190131_143909[1]

This should do the trick, frame clip from the parts pile20190201_145457[1]

volksaddict
    Participant

Jeff, I know a Bus parts hoarder in Durango that has a drivers door that is just right for this Rig!!!!! Come by and pick it up!!!!!

You still have a door Rusty? That would be awesome!!

mtnbus
    Participant

oh man ! This will be awesome !

Jb
    Participant

This truck has a great look! We were talking the other night about the 55 semaphore single and what to do with it….

Baja Mark
    Participant

This was the one from Matt Weatherly, right? I checked that out a lot of times. I bought 4 buses from Matt around 2012-13 – 2x ‘63 Walkthru standard (Turkis and Mouse Grey), a ‘59 SC and a ‘73 Westy. Always wondered where this thing ended up!

cookiemonster131
    Participant

Rusty probably used that door for the super high roof

Bodgoco
    Participant

I don’t have any ice pick doors but IMG_3468bought this 64/67 off Wren years ago.

mtnbus
    Participant

this truck has less rust than mine !

volksaddict
    Participant

I hope not! 20170930_160056I was thinking about your single while I was doing this repair. Your frame looks about like this one did, and all that wood you haul around…

I was also thinking about all your cool looking pop riveted bodywork, and how much quicker it would be to go that route on the outside 🙂

20190202_151358[1]

At least the frame will support the body now.

mtnbus
    Participant

Nice work Jeff !

yea, my shits a mess but I love it

volksaddict
    Participant

Thanks for the offer on the door Bo, wish it would work. I’ll take the glass and frame if you are willing to part with it. I’ll need both sides 🙂

Parts are drying up around here!

68tintop
    Participant

I have a set of window frames with some aftermarket glass that is tinted.  I got from bubba. I prolly not going to use them if u want let me know there at KCW in my stash😜

Franz
    Keymaster

Dang BO! How many engine cases do you have? I see three there and two here.

Looking better Jeff…still looks like a shit-load of work.

Rustabus
    Participant

Heh, yep the door is on the SuperHighroof!!! I traded the donor door for a Panel divider last year! Sorry!!

Bodgoco
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Only guy in Durango without a single!  Ohhh!!! Jeff I’ve got a set of  frames at David Corbin’s/ VW Specialties place.  I’m helping his wife go through all  parts. I’ll send you some pics.</p>

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.