Home Forums Classifieds 1957 tempo matador – double cab $2000

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I’m not going to do anything with this super-cool rare truck…I’m more into Baja bugs these days.

Who is interested? It’s all taken apart mechanically. I was going to modify the frame to fit an air cooled engine/transaxle. I have all the tempo suspension and brackets to put back on the frame. The body is complete with all the trinkets, seats, and stuff.

It’s a huge project, but it’s cheap, and I don’t think there are more that a few of these left on the earth. Def more rare than a barndoor or any VW/coach built for that matter.

Franzmuhr@gmail.com

218CC6D6-1B35-4395-A2A5-6BD577C221A1A451C70F-24F4-4038-93AD-150435D899F57393BF49-8F8E-4644-A0EE-501DBBEBCB6B15145ED6-E0B1-4066-954E-48F6867A17B0

curbo
    Participant

That’s super Cool Project

you still have your BD Franz?

Franz
    Keymaster

Yep. I’ll make you a package deal on booth? 😉

Jb
    Participant

Yep. I’ll make you a package deal on booth? 😉

oh shit, gonna get curbo all excited  😜

russ
    Participant

too much patina

Rustabus
    Participant

Franz, You’re the only one that can build this!!!! Cmon! It only takes too much time, money, and endless effort to make it a driver!!!!!! 😉 😉 🙂 You Got It!!!! 😉

BBWB
    Participant

This would be fun with a Subi in it!

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

Franz
    Keymaster

I’d build some monster offroad diesel out of it.  Put a turbo400, transfer case, and some dana44 axles under it. Make it look like unimog-ish.

I think the rear seat is the same as a Binz double cab, and probably worth twice what I am asking for the whole project. Surprised nobody has stepped up yet.

JasonS
    Participant

I’d build some monster offroad diesel out of it. Put a turbo400, transfer case, and some dana44 axles under it. Make it look like unimog-ish. I think the rear seat is the same as a Binz double cab, and probably worth twice what I am asking for the whole project. Surprised nobody has stepped up yet.

I would!, my first thought on this was to baja style it.

doithuong
    Participant

It’s a great project, let me ask if your product is still in stock

Franz
    Keymaster

Yes, in stock and ready to ship.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.