Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 1957 Euro Palm Green/Sand Green, Logos, Semaphores

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Looks like I will schedule a delivery to KCW from Alberta.   Might sit there a bit.   I like the 2 day blitzkrieg party….ummm…I mean work session.

I gotta buy:

engine, tranny, repop fuchs, tires, beam, spindles, brake kit, middle seat, rear bumper, wire harness………damnnnn…..

yeh, franz….save that beam.

Let’s get Dario to help…….he’s funny.

Wren
    Participant

Awesome Bus! Will look great lowered!

Franz
    Participant

Hell yeah, sounds fun!

Lets do redrilled drum brakes on the rear and 5.5″ wheels all around. You know we get the deal on wheels from Empi.

Wagens west fromt early disc brake kit look nice. Sacos are decent, Oldspeed?

http://sacoperformance.com/proddetail.php?prod=60-2085P

dirtylawnchair
    Participant

Gotta sell my original camper

Let me know what you have… I’ve been itching for a change. prichardsonvw@gmail.com

Douglas E Fresh
    Participant

“and scratch the safari windows..all they do is leak and look cheesy.[/quote]”

you’re killing me!
    they leak-So? this bus may see rain maybe twice more in its lifetime so leaking is somewhat of a moot point. and even if it did see rain I would probably still say say so??
    Cheesiness is subjective I guess, but I think they look cool on a lowered bus.

jp
    Participant

Excited to see it hit the next level!  Especially in all the areas I’m lacking in, you guys have the expertise in.

Wren
    Participant

“and scratch the safari windows..all they do is leak and look cheesy.

” you’re killing me! they leak-So? this bus may see rain maybe twice more in its lifetime so leaking is somewhat of a moot point. and even if it did see rain I would probably still say say so?? Cheesiness is subjective I guess, but I think they look cool on a lowered bus.[/quote]

Whats the deal with  all the safari haters? You guys sound like a bunch of bay window guys. Half the reason you buy a split is to have safari windows. Safaris are the fucking shit!

Franz
    Participant

Haha got you guys.

…Lowered buses are dumb too.🤪

Jb
    Participant

Hey Tom, I have a rat bagged set of OG safaris for sale that I bet Franz would be dying to spend 40 hrs repairing 🤣

unk
    Participant

Ok.   international shipping sucks.      Anyway….here is my thought.    JP will haul the bus as far south as Grand Forks, MT.   I am arranging a international logistics broker (Deringer) to get the paperwork filed and the car across the border.       NOW…….I need to find a safe place to park the bus until I can hire another shipper to get the bus to Grand Junction.    Anyone out there in KCW land live near Grand Forks, MT?    I would need to park my bus there for a bit to a shipper can come haul it away.

Hey, JP……does that sound like a reasonable approach?

maukar
    Participant

Do you mean Great Forks, South Dakota or Great Falls, Montana?

unk
    Participant

Great Falls montana

jp
    Participant

Might just tow it to KCW.  You guys got anything for sale on the trip back?  I bought a DC from JJ back in the day…

Franz
    Participant

Yeah, I have a few projects I’d like to loose. I bet we could stack your trailer full. 🙂

61 vert beetle 1500

57 tempo matador 2500

50 ford coupe 1800

41 international truck cab 400

jp
    Participant

Ok I think ya talked me into.  But no making fun of my work or I’ll be mad!!

Got pics of the vert?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 280 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.