Home Forums KCW Current Projects 1957 Euro Palm Green/Sand Green, Logos, Semaphores

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Excited to see it hit the next level!  Especially in all the areas I’m lacking in, you guys have the expertise in.

Wren
    Participant

“and scratch the safari windows..all they do is leak and look cheesy.

” you’re killing me! they leak-So? this bus may see rain maybe twice more in its lifetime so leaking is somewhat of a moot point. and even if it did see rain I would probably still say say so?? Cheesiness is subjective I guess, but I think they look cool on a lowered bus.[/quote]

Whats the deal with  all the safari haters? You guys sound like a bunch of bay window guys. Half the reason you buy a split is to have safari windows. Safaris are the fucking shit!

Franz
    Keymaster

Haha got you guys.

…Lowered buses are dumb too.🤪

Jb
    Participant

Hey Tom, I have a rat bagged set of OG safaris for sale that I bet Franz would be dying to spend 40 hrs repairing 🤣

unk
    Participant

Ok.   international shipping sucks.      Anyway….here is my thought.    JP will haul the bus as far south as Grand Forks, MT.   I am arranging a international logistics broker (Deringer) to get the paperwork filed and the car across the border.       NOW…….I need to find a safe place to park the bus until I can hire another shipper to get the bus to Grand Junction.    Anyone out there in KCW land live near Grand Forks, MT?    I would need to park my bus there for a bit to a shipper can come haul it away.

Hey, JP……does that sound like a reasonable approach?

maukar
    Participant

Do you mean Great Forks, South Dakota or Great Falls, Montana?

unk
    Participant

Great Falls montana

jp
    Participant

Might just tow it to KCW.  You guys got anything for sale on the trip back?  I bought a DC from JJ back in the day…

Franz
    Keymaster

Yeah, I have a few projects I’d like to loose. I bet we could stack your trailer full. 🙂

61 vert beetle 1500

57 tempo matador 2500

50 ford coupe 1800

41 international truck cab 400

jp
    Participant

Ok I think ya talked me into.  But no making fun of my work or I’ll be mad!!

Got pics of the vert?

jp
    Participant
    • Dawerks at gmail dot com
    unk
    Participant

JP is gonna deliver this to KCW before Aug 1.   Once it arrives, we can make a shopping list for our 3-day quickie.  Maybe plan for it sometime in September once kids get back into school.

Franz
    Keymaster

So I should get a complete painter’s drive train in the works?

Dario
    Participant

Let’s get Dario to help…….he’s funny.

Hahaha…you funny!!!

Anyway I’ll be available Sunday…maybe we can do some baja trails in the morning and start working on this project after some fun!!!

Rustabus
    Participant

Just for the record, 3,Day Quickies are a HAUL!!!! Speaking from the last one! You gotta stay up longer than everybody, do all the simple build stuff, clean up, feed our people, fill the fridge with beer…… but Yeah! It Will happen at KCW!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

JDM
    Participant

Nevermind, somehow I missed the part about it getting all the way to Colorado.

jp
    Participant

Um..can I stay and help?

I’m old, and slow.  But, I don’t eat much and I keep on smiling.

Best of all Cost; free!!

unk
    Participant

I will pay you beers and food, JP.

Franz
    Keymaster

So that was a “go ahead” and order a 1914cc long block from painters?

How about the transaxle? Does jj want to give up the used one he got from Wren…or should we get a new one built?

Then I’ll need to spend a couple weeks assembling and preparing said parts for install.

For this 3 day build I should have the beam, transaxle, and engine fully assembled and ready to install when you arrive.

John Jones
    Keymaster

Um..can I stay and help? I’m old, and slow. But, I don’t eat much and I keep on smiling. Best of all Cost; free!!

JP… You can stay with us!!!  We have bedrooms, and enjoy company!  Bring your wife… You can borrow my bus and go camping!!  Hell, You can borrow the KOMBI and we will both go camping!!!!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 280 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.