Home Forums Bullshit 1955 Barndoor

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Happy New Year!  I’ve had it for a bit, but I don’t think I started a post on her.  Here she is!  Why am I posting today???  She’s a roller!!!  (Pics on wheels soon, promise!).

Old pics;

barny1barny2barny3

curbo
    Participant

Awesome JP

looking forward to seeing the photos

Pat K
    Participant

Barndoor…..mmmmmmm

Is that an Alberta mural?  Sweeet!!!!

We will build it if it comes.

jp
    Participant

Midland Auto Parts, the other side of the mural/logo is better and you can read the city names.  This side is more faded 🙂  It’s too bad they cut it up like that, but it’s kind of amazing the shape it is in.  This is basically how it was found, not cleaned or touched yet, but I will leave it mostly as is except for the obvious metal work.

Does anyone have front glass (even if it’s beat up/scratched)?  There’s a guy Stacyz who will make new logo’d glass if I send him a template.

Juan 59 DDWT
    Participant

Amazing Gem JP, congratulations 👍🤤

jp
    Participant

Pushed out the Porsche and she can roll on her own!  But this is just temporary, have to take it apart for final welding.

15″ Bug wheels and no wheel arch make it look ODD!!  Anyways, anyone have BD Torsion bars or a front windshield/template?

bd4

Franz
    Participant

I can send you a window template…but they are pretty easy to make. 1/8″ smaller than the opening is all you need to do.

If your’re going to keep it strait axle, I would recommend using cut-down 55+ bus torsion bars as they are smaller diameter/softer. Use a chop saw to cut 5/8″ off each end of the splines to make them short enough to fit correctly.

jp
    Participant

I’ll try to make a template or I might take you up on it Franz!  And I totally forgot about cutting down later torsion bars, I know I read it from a post of yours but I went down the ‘bug/splined/Hiem joint’ road to no avail.  I think cutting up torsion bar is the way to go, thanks!

Franz
    Participant

Rides is way better that way.

BD torsion bars are huge to deal with the rotational force of the reduction box mounted at the axle.

jp
    Participant
    jp
    Participant

Too impatient, and too quick to prime it, but she’s much better looking with her skirt!

bdthurs

WAY2COOL
    Participant

Oh Yeah !!!

KIM
    Test Pilot @ Submarine Airways

Rustabus
    Participant

You Got This!!! Time to decide on rims!!!! 😉 😉 🙂

jp
    Participant

Thanks!  This forum keeps me GOING!!  What do you think about Supersports?  I don’t see them on anything.  ss

alykat
    Participant

I think the ones with the darked out centers look pretty good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.