Wilbur's '65 Westy

willmoss

Wilbur's '65 Westy

Postby willmoss » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:45 pm

I think that now would be a good time to start keeping track of the progress made and get input from you all on my own take on a perfect road trippin' camper!!! \:D/ \:D/

This is my infamous 1965 SO42 that I tried to drive to KCW after it had been sitting for 20 years! #-o #-o

Our time together so far has been exciting to say the least, and after my adventures to and from Grand Junction I'm happy to say its finally feeling pretty solid and I've been driving it every day! \:D/ This bus is going to be my take on a BBOE or Pamper, tall, big tires, tractor motor, well-thought out camper interior, heat, etc. Where I'm going to stray from John's proven formula and into my own that is inevitably going to make my life more difficult is a shift from JJ's simplicity to a ton of tech and detail stuff. [-(

It might just be my youth, but right now I'm willing to try and tackle all this stuff that I know I'm going to get shit for.

Catch Up:
The history so far is that I found it over the summer in a small mining town here in Colorado. Took me a couple months to eventually track down the owner, who of course wasn't interested in selling it at first. He was heading out to do something then and I told him I'd come back another weekend when he had more time to talk. So I went back a couple weeks later with the 15 window. Didn't find him on Saturday so I stayed at a friends in Winter Park then drove back on Sunday and was able to catch him. After letting shooting shit for a while about skiing and what not I let him drive the 15 and just geek out over VWs. Couple hours later he came around to letting me take it home and we made a deal. A week later it was on a trailer home with me!

I ran through the brakes, bearings, topped up fluids, and bought a 1600 from Painters that they had pulled out of a wrecked bug. Made it a bit over 100 miles, had a starter go out, towed it, and lost the pop top. Did some bodywork during my internship with JJ. \:D/ \:D/

Now its got my 2332 in it, a new top, new shocks, trans mounts, more bearings and RGB stuff, clutch cable and arm, and has been cleaned out to use as a study space until I can get it apart to start doing rust repair =D> =D>

Imageby Will Moss, on Flickr

BBWB

Re: Willy's '65 Westy

Postby BBWB » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Only thing I'd be studying in there at your age, is female anatomy. \:D/
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

john jones

Postby john jones » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:01 pm

your learning at an amazing rate Will... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$
if you keep going in circles.. Your never gonna get anywhere :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:05 am

when I was your age I was driving a 73 standard bug.... POS.... and didn't know 1/4 of what you do... #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o You have the future by it's nuts... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

and if you can keep your dick out of dirty pussy.. you'll have it made.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
if you keep going in circles.. Your never gonna get anywhere :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:04 am

Hahahaha, great words of advice =D>

K Leake

Postby K Leake » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:07 am

Thanks for posting Will O:) great progress =D> =D> =D>
Kevin

mtnbus

Postby mtnbus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:36 am

Thats a great bus !
nice progress and keep it up !

willmoss

Postby willmoss » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:12 pm

john jones wrote:when I was your age I was driving a 73 standard bug.... POS.... and didn't know 1/4 of what you do... #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o You have the future by it's nuts... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

and if you can keep your dick out of dirty pussy.. you'll have it made.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Hahaha thanks John, I really enjoy the work and I have been lucky enough to have lots of support from people in addition to a pretty amazing teacher Smile

Unless they love talking about cars and stuff all the time its pretty easy to ward off any long term pussy Wink Wink so hopefully I can pull off that whole future thing. The hardest part is trying to focus on one project! Or even one part of a project. JJ loved to call me "Captain Sidetracked" in the shop. I still can't browse through craigslist ads without seeing something I like then having my mind race on possibilities... #-o #-o #-o ONE THING AT A TIME.

This Westy will be my first full restoration where I'm doing the work. JJ thinks its pointless, but I really want to do this one up really nice and detailed. Not "replace the bolts with hex screw" detailed, but functional nice, just so I can learn what it takes start to finish and can prove that I can do the work. Still just having trouble tackling one thing when I can't decide on a color!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

willmoss

Re: Wilbur's '65 Westy

Postby willmoss » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Here's what I mean by support, too. This is the guys at Painter's gift to me after having the 1600 break down on me and not being able to get it going again on the side of the road. #-o #-o

Jokes on them though, I'll probably use it. :-$ :-$ [-(

ImageImage

jb

Postby jb » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Ha! Cool bus youngbuck....focus is not my strong suit either, JJ is always razzin us too :-" Smile

C.Hamburg
purple drank

Postby C.Hamburg » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Sweet Bus!

When I was your age I was driving a body dropped nissan kingcab on 20's a bus would have been cooler.

All I did in college was drink beer and party.

Good luck bro. Look forward to checkin' out your progress with this one. \:D/
-Corey

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Someone has a good sense of humor. Those markings are funny. =D>
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

Franz

Postby Franz » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:08 pm

You robbed the engine out of your 15 window? Those are some excellent drawings. Is Ross the Artist? Smile I like the "front of bus" part the best.

willmoss

Postby willmoss » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:16 am

Franz wrote:You robbed the engine out of your 15 window? Those are some excellent drawings. Is Ross the Artist? Smile I like the "front of bus" part the best.

Yeah I did, I feel like I'm using this bus more right now so I might as well put the 2332 in it! I feel like it could easily to a cross-country trip now! =D> Ross is the artist with the diagram and labeling. I forgot to include this closer up shot of the motor. My favorite part is "Engine" written on the case. [-(

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:12 pm

I need to label all of my cars this way!!! :-$ Smile

Return to “Bullshit”