Vacation!

OGPaint

Re: Vacation!

Postby OGPaint » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:30 am

My must see's on a west coast trip:

Golden Gate Bridge, get a pic of your car here
The Redwoods, get a pic at Paul Bunyan (Trees of Mystery) and another at the Drive thru tree (Chandelier tree)
The Oregon Coast, it's all awesome, hey 101 in Oregon has the best ocean views on the west coast.

Another incredible drive is Hwy 38 from Reedsport (Oregon coast) inland to Drain (just south of Eugene), this is one of the prettiest drives anywhere. It goes through the Umpqua River Valley inland to I-5...then you can make good time. Hit me up when you're coming thru Salem, I'll take you to lunch....we have the best tacos in the world!

If you go all the way up the Oregon coast goto Astoria and then head to Portland up Hwy 30 parallel to the Columbia River.

jb

Postby jb » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:32 am

Don't forget "dogtown" hahaha I just found a pic yesterday of a trip me and the wife took of the Oregon coast years ago with the population sign that gets crossed out every time someone dies or a kid is born I guess? Population was 33 then :-#

VWsArent4Hippies

Postby VWsArent4Hippies » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:57 pm

LooseNuts wrote:If you make it to Portland message me. That's where I live. Would be cool to meet you

We met like 6 years ago at some restaurant on the beach somewhere south of LA! I can't believe you don't remember. I'm crying myself to sleep tonight

OGPaint wrote: Hit me up when you're coming thru Salem, I'll take you to lunch....we have the best tacos in the world!

Whoaa, that's a bold statement. Don't be surprised when I send you a message

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:08 pm

My son was in Sacramento for school a few years back. We did a little scouting. Check out Muir Woods. It's big trees, But you have to remember we don't have trees like those in the east coast. Seriously It was a nice place we hiked through the forest there for awhile.
Of course as others have said the Golden Gate Bridge. Walk across it if you have time. It's nuts when walking across it.
Also Lombard street in San Francisco. It's a crooked ass street seen in the Herbie movies. Lol. But it's cool to drive down it.
Also Fishermans wharf in San Fran.

If you like hot rods look at Goodguys website and see if there is a show in the area at that time. We hit one while we were there. A lot of cool rods there.
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

VWsArent4Hippies

Postby VWsArent4Hippies » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:24 am

tlambert wrote:My son was in Sacramento for school a few years back. We did a little scouting. Check out Muir Woods. It's big trees, But you have to remember we don't have trees like those in the east coast. Seriously It was a nice place we hiked through the forest there for awhile.
Of course as others have said the Golden Gate Bridge. Walk across it if you have time. It's nuts when walking across it.
Also Lombard street in San Francisco. It's a crooked ass street seen in the Herbie movies. Lol. But it's cool to drive down it.
Also Fishermans wharf in San Fran.

If you like hot rods look at Goodguys website and see if there is a show in the area at that time. We hit one while we were there. A lot of cool rods there.

I've done all of the tourist stuff in San Francisco a couple of times, but my girlfriend has never been there, that's the only reason i'm going this trip, ha. We're camping one night right near Muir Woods, and a couple more times up the coast, should be sweet!

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Napa valley maybe?

Wine isn't my thing but my wife, son and daughter went and joyed it.
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

LooseNuts

Postby LooseNuts » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:03 pm

VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
LooseNuts wrote:If you make it to Portland message me. That's where I live. Would be cool to meet you

We met like 6 years ago at some restaurant on the beach somewhere south of LA! I can't believe you don't remember. I'm crying myself to sleep tonight

OGPaint wrote: Hit me up when you're coming thru Salem, I'll take you to lunch....we have the best tacos in the world!

Whoaa, that's a bold statement. Don't be surprised when I send you a message

I remember. Is was the classic weekend. We eat at Taco Surf. You had on shorts and a shirt hahahah.
IG - @vwloosenuts
www.vwloosenuts.com

VWsArent4Hippies

Postby VWsArent4Hippies » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:47 pm

So far, so good! Spent most of the day Saturday getting the car ready, left Sunday morning and spent the day in San Francisco. Been making our way up the coast, camping tonight on the avenue of the giants. This scenery is unreal

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:55 am

=D>
Justin

Franz wrote:Fine, I'll fucking change it.

George
I'll trade ya

Postby George » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:35 pm

Awesome =D>

LooseNuts

Postby LooseNuts » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:28 am

Fricken awesome.
IG - @vwloosenuts
www.vwloosenuts.com

OGPaint

Postby OGPaint » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:24 am

Smile Chandelier Tree. Smile

Awesome memories

VWsArent4Hippies

Postby VWsArent4Hippies » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:41 am

Oregon!

Franz

Postby Franz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:51 am

You driving that car all the way home? Keep the pictures coming!

VWsArent4Hippies

Postby VWsArent4Hippies » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:31 am

Franz wrote:You driving that car all the way home? Keep the pictures coming!

Unfortunately not, flying out of Sacramento on saturday

Return to “Bullshit”